Join for free
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topaz
Scotland
Topaz is female 

12-05-2011, 02:14 PM

Re: Eating fruit

Originally Posted by Aerolor ->

The extract I have picked out in italics is nothing but the biggest load of scarmongering tosh and I hope nobody believes it.

May I respectfully suggest you take your rant to the rant section .

Here ..........
http://www.over50sforum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=73

Originally Posted by Mags ->
I agree Aerolor ...... this is supposed to be a serious section and for people who do suffer with stomach problems, this could cause repercussions if they believed it.

You already made your point in this thread !
If you are still objecting to any of it`s contents then may I respectfully suggest you report it to Admin .

P.S You may not agree but my OP was intended as serious and if you have nothing more positive , or even humerous to add , then please , kindly stay out of this thread as it seems to be upsetting you and we cant have that can we ?

Originally Posted by RockriderSpain ->
I had read the bit about cold drinks after a meal a while back. I always necked a glass of water ofter a meal. Now I always have a cup of warm tea (black, no sugar) after a meal. I find it much better .

Me too Rockrider , much better for us I think
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-05-2011, 02:35 PM

If you take a minute to think about the drinking of cold water after a meal thing, surely it would be realised that cold water cannot possibly solidfy any oil into a fat when in the intestine. Oil = fat anyway and does not solidfy unless it is processed in a factory. Once it is warmed it turns back into an oil.
Any water or cold food consumed soon reaches your body temperature (98.6 deg. F or 37 deg. C) before it gets to your intestines anyway, so how can oil or fat solidfy and line your intestinal wall and lead to cancer?
Whoever wrote this was certainly no scientist and should be disregarded
Topaz
Scotland
Topaz is female 

12-05-2011, 02:42 PM

If you take a minute to think about the drinking of cold water after a meal thing, surely it would be realised that cold water cannot possibly solidfy any oil into a fat when in the intestine. Oil = fat anyway and does not solidfy unless it is processed in a factory. Once it is warmed it turns back into an oil.
Any water or cold food consumed soon reaches your body temperature (98.6 deg. F or 37 deg. C) before it gets to your intestines anyway, so how can oil or fat solidfy and line your intestinal wall and lead to cancer?

Although I dont entirely agree with you Aerolor this post is much nicer than a rant and much more informative , so thank you for taking on board what I said x x

P.S ............ Maybe you could take a minute to think why some Scots want independence , then it might make sense to you

http://www.over50sforum.com/showthread.php?t=5334

P.P.S .......... Maybe Mags should report me for going off topic too ?

LOLOLOL
Annie Jack
Ontario, Canada
Annie Jack is female  Annie Jack has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-05-2011, 03:24 PM

Agreed. As already noted in this thread, snopes.com has determined this warning about eating fruit to be false. Here's the link again, with all due respect.
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-05-2011, 03:57 PM

From Topaz

You could certainly respectfully suggest that Topaz if I was on a rant, which I was not - so please don't make light over something which may be quite a serious concern for some people.
Topaz
Scotland
Topaz is female 

12-05-2011, 05:51 PM

Originally Posted by Annie Jack ->
Agreed. As already noted in this thread, snopes.com has determined this warning about eating fruit to be false. Here's the link again, with all due respect.

Excellent post Annie Jack ...........

Topaz
Scotland
Topaz is female 

12-05-2011, 05:56 PM

From Topaz

You could certainly respectfully suggest that Topaz if I was on a rant, which I was not - so please don't make light over something which may be quite a serious concern for some people.

I try always to be respectful even when the recipient doesnt deserve it , and imho you were ranting !

Also , I was most certainly not " making light " over anything !

It would seem that I give the Members of this Forum much more credit for intelligence than you apparently do
I feel Annie Jack has covered more than adequately and very eloquently , what I might have written in reply
Annie Jack
Ontario, Canada
Annie Jack is female  Annie Jack has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-05-2011, 06:32 PM

I had seen that article circulated via email before, and at the time I checked the snopes.com site for validation before deciding whether to forward it. I often check there when friends send me similar articles, especially any type of warning.

Snopes is a fun read - if you go there click the 'Hot 25' button for the most current stories making the rounds.
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK

12-05-2011, 07:22 PM

Originally Posted by Annie Jack ->
I had seen that article circulated via email before, and at the time I checked the snopes.com site for validation before deciding whether to forward it. I often check there when friends send me similar articles, especially any type of warning.

Snopes is a fun read - if you go there click the 'Hot 25' button for the most current stories making the rounds.
Thanks for that Annie Jack
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK

12-05-2011, 07:25 PM

Topaz - I am probably "thick" because I am not sure where you are coming from on this one or what you are inferring.

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top