Join for free
susiejaeger
Chatterbox
Essex, UK
susiejaeger is female  susiejaeger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-04-2018, 06:42 PM

Sound gone on my computer

Hi all,

Can any help me.

All of a sudden today the sound on my computer has gone. I have not downloaded anything, I have checked settings etc. I have checked that my speakers are on and at a high level and when you put a video on, I always make sure that the volumne is turned up on the box.

Any suggestions please.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-04-2018, 06:45 PM

Re: Sound gone on my computer

Originally Posted by susiejaeger ->
Hi all,

Can any help me.

All of a sudden today the sound on my computer has gone. I have not downloaded anything, I have checked settings etc. I have checked that my speakers are on and at a high level and when you put a video on, I always make sure that the volumne is turned up on the box.

Any suggestions please.
Hi

the same thing happened to me last week.

I use a Laptop, an HP G6.

I had to do a hard reset to get them working again.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-04-2018, 07:03 PM

Originally Posted by susiejaeger ->
Hi all,

Can any help me.

Any suggestions please.
Hi Sue put the make and model of your computer into Google and 'no sound' and do a search and you should find a solution.

Additionally try also adding 'instruction manual' to your search.
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-04-2018, 07:31 PM

switch off and switch back on would be the first try
what computer?desktop or laptop windows or mac?

Built in monitor speakers or extrnl ones

Sometimes a computer misses the component that does the sound
susiejaeger
Chatterbox
Essex, UK
susiejaeger is female  susiejaeger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-04-2018, 07:38 PM

I have a Desktop, Microsoft Windows 10.

Have tried a few times turning it on and off.
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-04-2018, 07:41 PM

type in sound in the type here to search box and see which setting is ticked first of all
is the speaker lead plugged into the right computer socket
Tedc
Berkshire, UK
Tedc is male  Tedc has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-04-2018, 08:57 PM

Left Click on the small loudspeaker icon in the bottom right of your screen.

Setting the sound volume, etc is on that button.

If you right click on it, instead, you can work on the sound - i.e. check the sound adaptor.
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-04-2018, 04:35 AM

Originally Posted by Tedc ->

If you right click on it, instead, you can work on the sound - i.e. check the sound adaptor.
... and look at the volume mixer. (Open Volume Mixer)
Nicol
South east of England
Nicol is female  Nicol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-04-2018, 09:04 AM

A reboot always sorts mine.
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-04-2018, 10:21 AM

First grab a set of headphones and plug those into the appropriate socket and see if you get sound there.

If you do then the motherboard and sound system is fine and you've probably lost connection to the PC speakers. Could just be a cable loose inside.

If you don't get sound with headphones then your sound card/chip has probably got a problem with its drivers.

For that you would go into device manager, find the entry for your sound card/chip/device and look at the settings. There will be an option in there to reload the driver.

Failing that you can simply delete the entire entry for your sound card/chip in device manager. Then reboot and the system will automatically detect it again and reinstall it.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top