Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-04-2018, 07:01 PM

Re: Kik

Originally Posted by Rhian ->
Oh 'eck!
I didn't realise they could do that!
Rhian you can delete the message without opening it but I do wonder how safe Kik really is
Rhian
Chatterbox
North Wales
Rhian is female  Rhian has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-04-2018, 07:02 PM

Originally Posted by Mags ->
Rhian you can delete the message without opening it but I do wonder how safe Kik really is
Oh good
Thanks for the heads up Mags
I'll be keeping a close eye on things..
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-04-2018, 07:44 PM

Oh 'eck!
I didn't realise they could do that!
Don't tell fibs Rhian, you were secretly hoping someone would send you some cheeky photos really teehee
Rhian
Chatterbox
North Wales
Rhian is female  Rhian has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-04-2018, 07:50 PM

Originally Posted by Lion Queen ->
Don't tell fibs Rhian, you were secretly hoping someone would send you some cheeky photos really teehee
I dont need kik gor that
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-04-2018, 08:19 PM

I dont need kik gor that
Where do you find the time to visit these obscure websites Rhian? I'm retired, and Over 50's takes up practically all of my online time.....
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-04-2018, 08:24 PM

I dont need kik gor that
ya lickle bugger ya hehe
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-04-2018, 03:57 PM

Does anyone here have it?

Is it just like WhatsApp?
Hi Rhian

Late to this thread, but thought I'd add this...

My son installed kik on my Google Nexus tablet some years ago when I first had it.
WhatsApp is only for phones and at that time I didn't have a smart phone so couldn't have WhatsApp and so I had kik as an alternative.

It's been brilliant!
I use it to exchange messages/photos/videos/chitchat with my kids and their partners.
You can have as many different groups as you like, so I've got loads of different permutations! I can do girlie chat with my daughters (one is in Australia) or private chats with just one person, or often it's all of us bantering away which gets hilarious
I LOVE it!

I don't know what settings my son organised for me, but presumably they're crucial to ones privacy...therefore in several years of constant use I have never had any unwanted messages from strangers.

I now have a smart phone but choose not to use the internet much on it...I found that when I accessed kik from my phone and then went on it again on my tablet I'd been logged out and needed to log in again, and every previous conversation had been wiped, horrible!!
So I've never done that again and I only use in on my tablet, never need to log out.

Hope this helps x
Rhian
Chatterbox
North Wales

09-04-2018, 07:01 PM

Thanks Ruthio that is really helpful

Most of my contacts have WhatsApp..
And we have group chats on there too.
So I'll stick with that for now.
I'll keep Kik downloaded though
Just in case!

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top