Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-11-2020, 01:47 PM

Re: Hol !! Again!!

Originally Posted by Zaphod ->

It never ceases to amaze me how - despite the years of trying since the referendum and the obvious rebuttal in the last General Election which saw Boris given such a large majority - such people remain obviously hell-bent on ignoring what the people of the country voted for.
Twice!

The House of Lords is ignoring what people voted for - hardly surprising when in their case they are so out-of-touch and in fairness just as Bread describes; full of cronies, tax dodgers and perverts".
Votes such as the one they recently took regarding the Withdrawal Act do not exactly persuade the average person in the street to view them any differently.
Fisheries bill goes back to the HoL tomorrow.... we are watching
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-11-2020, 07:08 AM

Originally Posted by Zaphod ->
You won't find them; that's another reason the Lords is so undemocratic & elitist.
What do you mean another reason that they are undemocratic? Surely the fact that they are unelected is the only reason you need for them to be undemocratic.

Britain falls short of being a democracy right there.
Zaphod
Lincs UK
Zaphod is male  Zaphod has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-11-2020, 12:05 PM

Originally Posted by Bruce ->
What do you mean another reason that they are undemocratic? Surely the fact that they are unelected is the only reason you need for them to be undemocratic.

Britain falls short of being a democracy right there.
I can't and won't disagree with you there Bruce.

There are many here hoping that Boris does what he said he will do but even if not I think it's only a matter of time before we see huge changes to the HoL one way or another.
The public are getting increasingly frustrated with their unwarranted interference and lack of accountability in too many ways, such as the one I used earlier.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top