Join for free
Page 13 of 33 « First < 3 11 12 13 14 15 23 > Last »
Moscow
Scotland
Moscow is male  Moscow has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-11-2020, 07:42 PM

Re: Senior Home Office official QUITS after vicious rows with Priti Patel

Patel has demanded civil servants get on with their jobs and they get upset.......

Storm in a teacup!
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-11-2020, 07:49 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
I'm afraid you've lost me there.
How is dealing with over-powerful trade unions ethnic cleansing?

We still have some of the most destructive trade unions. Look at the London Underground drivers who are paid far more than they're worth bearing in mind that on some lines they are completely unnecessary!

Unions were absolutely essential a hundred years ago, but today?
I speak slightly tongue in cheek JBR ! did you notice l said it was
necassary? I referred to the fact that in order to kill the fleas,
she killed the horse first ??

Donkeyman! 😇😇
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-11-2020, 07:53 PM

Originally Posted by Moscow ->
Patel has demanded civil servants get on with their jobs and they get upset.......

Storm in a teacup!
True but it's a shame she doesn't get on with her own job. All she does is talk about things that should happen but never seems to follow it up.
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-11-2020, 08:01 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
True but it's a shame she doesn't get on with her own job. All she does is talk about things that should happen but never seems to follow it up.
She talks the talk but won't walk the walk .....
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-11-2020, 08:10 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
That is very true.

I read about how her hands are tied until after the end of the year, for some reason which I don't fully understand.

Let's wait and see what she comes up with then, then!
Zaphod
Lincs UK
Zaphod is male  Zaphod has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-11-2020, 08:14 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
That is very true.

I read about how her hands are tied until after the end of the year, for some reason which I don't fully understand.

Let's wait and see what she comes up with then, then!
Hopefully Boris's support is suggestive that change is imminent in the New Year.

IIRC Priti's hands are tied with EU regulations - or things related to those regulations - until January.
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-11-2020, 09:12 PM

Priti Patel WAS advised to treat staff with respect, says former official

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-55015493

Priti Patel was "advised" on a number of occasions about the need to treat staff with respect, her former top official has told the BBC.

Sir Philip Rutnam said she was urged not to shout and swear at staff a month after becoming home secretary in 2019.

"As early as August 2019, the month after her appointment, she was advised that she must not shout and swear at staff. I advised her on a number of further occasions between September 2019 and February 2020 about the need to treat staff with respect. Enormous efforts were made from top to bottom in the Home Office to support the new home secretary and respond to her direction and significant achievements have resulted."
Sir Philip said he respected Sir Alex and regretted his resignation but took issue with the ex-adviser's suggestions that the Home Office did not provide sufficient support to Ms Patel when she took on the job. He said he was not asked to contribute to the inquiry into her conduct, which found she broke the ministerial code but was not made "aware" of concerns.

Ms Patel has given a "fulsome apology" but said she was not "supported" by her department at the time when claims were made, while insisting any upset she had caused "was completely unintentional". The home secretary has insisted no-one in her department had "pointed out" any issues to her in the course of the department's "challenging" work.
It's highly likely that more detail about Patel's unprofessional behaviour will be forthcoming at the employment tribunal next year .....
Dodge
Kent, UK
Dodge is male  Dodge has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-11-2020, 10:21 PM

Context is needed with regards the the alleged 'shouting and swearing'. Was the civil servants not doing as she requested, requests that could be very reasonable therefore hence her outbursts? or is she a woman who just shouts and swears for the hell of it in the work place?

I am looking forward to the tribunal as well because we will get to hear Patel's side of events rather than just the one sided events we currently keep on hearing from the cry baby ex senior civil servant.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-11-2020, 10:26 PM

Originally Posted by dodge ->
context is needed with regards the the alleged 'shouting and swearing'. Was the civil servants not doing as she requested, requests that could be very reasonable therefore hence her outbursts? Or is she a woman who just shouts and swears for the hell of it in the work place?

I am looking forward to the tribunal as well because we will get to hear patel's side of events rather than just the one sided events we currently keep on hearing from the cry baby ex senior civil servant.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-11-2020, 11:35 PM

There was an interesting discussion on LBC about this. About how status makes it ok to bully but if a cleaning supervisor were to act the same way and shout and swear at staff they would not last long and would be disciplined for bullying. Helps to have powerful friends.

Page 13 of 33 « First < 3 11 12 13 14 15 23 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top