Join for free
Page 29 of 33 « First < 19 27 28 29 30 31 > Last »
Zaphod
Lincs UK
Zaphod is male  Zaphod has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-11-2020, 06:06 PM

Re: Senior Home Office official QUITS after vicious rows with Priti Patel

Originally Posted by Omah ->
Another time was when Patel breached the Ministerial Code in 2017 with her unauthorised meetings in Israel - the Code, which BJ had rewritten (or, at least, approved) the year before had to be revised to prevent further Ministerial abuse.
For which she paid.
Move on .......... or are you yourself perfect in every way?

There is quite a list of ministers who have been forced out and then returned you know; that is politics for you.
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-11-2020, 06:07 PM

Originally Posted by Morticia ->
He hasn't looked the same since he had Covid ... makes you wonder if he hasn't got fully over it.
Many victims don't get over it ..... he may even be suffering from "long COVID brain fog" .....
Zaphod
Lincs UK
Zaphod is male  Zaphod has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-11-2020, 06:10 PM

Many victims don't get over it ..... he may even be suffering from "long COVID brain fog" .....
From the ridiculous to the even-more ridiculous I see.

If you can't win on tactics try for the more personal?
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-11-2020, 06:30 PM

Originally Posted by Morticia ->
You know ... you could make Dr Shipman sound a misunderstood disadvantaged child who morphed from deprived to socially acceptable depravity ....
Or a 'no win, no fee' lawyer doggedly practising to win his first case.

I'll leave you to it as neither of us are adding anything new nor capable of meeting halfway on this, and the big clincher .... life is too short.
We can agree to disagree ... on our opinions, as that is all it is.
Sounds a bit like Brexit Morty , the way you describe itll

Donkeyman! 😇
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-11-2020, 07:02 PM

I'd say the same about the Tory Party .....
Of course you would!
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-11-2020, 07:10 PM

Originally Posted by Zaphod ->
First an understanding of what a civil servant is might help.

"Civil servants are those who are employed by 'the Crown'. "
"Civil servants are usually - but not always - in practice employed by 'Ministers of the Crown' - so most civil servants work in government departments and are therefore employed by Government Ministers." (*1)

" I should now resign from my position as the Prime Minister’s independent adviser on the Code." (*2)

That makes it pretty clear that he worked for the PM and so was indeed a civil servant.
I'm still not seeing evidence of the contractual status of his particular role. The Independent advisor for ministerial standards is appointed directly by the PM himself. It's not clear whether this is a civil service or public appointment.

Whatever his contractual status, you've also offered no proof of why he would be biased towards or deal favourably with a particular department.

He has over the time he has been in this role investigated countless cases of ministerial impropriety. Doubtless there must have been cases where civil servants were involved. As he is an "independent" advisor appointed by the PM he is not deemed to be biased. Why on earth do you think he is biased in this instance??
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-11-2020, 07:12 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
Of course you would!
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-11-2020, 07:25 PM

BJ looks BO (Burnt-Out) now - he'll be a quivering blob by Spring if COVID-19 infections reach 3,000,000 and deaths 150,000 ......

Of course, there's always the possibility of a "silver bullet" ....
It will be interesting next year to look back at all of these prophesies of doom assuring us that Boris will suffer.

We shall see.

An optimistic outlook would see us leaving the EU and trading very successfully on WTO rules, more trade deals being successfully arranged with our friends (and I exclude the Frogs from that group, of course), and a definite reduction in Covid infections and deaths both through a vaccine and sensible behaviour of the people.

I'd also like to see the end to this wasteful and pointless HS2 nonsense!
Zaphod
Lincs UK

22-11-2020, 07:33 PM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
I'm still not seeing evidence of the contractual status of his particular role. The Independent advisor for ministerial standards is appointed directly by the PM himself. It's not clear whether this is a civil service or public appointment.

Whatever his contractual status, you've also offered no proof of why he would be biased towards or deal favourably with a particular department.

He has over the time he has been in this role investigated countless cases of ministerial impropriety. Doubtless there must have been cases where civil servants were involved. As he is an "independent" advisor appointed by the PM he is not deemed to be biased. Why on earth do you think he is biased in this instance??
You really should learn the difference if you do not know it between a public appointment and a civil service appointment, especially after I gave you the required information.
Basically a public appointment would have been employed by parliament, not by a minister which makes someone a Crown employee - a civil servant.

Besides which it is also indisputable fact that Allan was a civil servant of long-standing who has seen confrontation with ministers before; are you really suggesting him capable of real impartiality?
When so many (as I have shown you) are not?

What you, I or anybody else thinks though is of absolutely no consequence.
What counts is what Boris thinks, and he did not agree with Lord Allan.

If as I suggested a truly independent person had looked into matters the outcome could well have been different.
But when a civil servant investigates other civil servants and appears to side with those without even meeting the defendant it puts any determination by the investigator into suspicion.
That may be unfounded, but IMHO Allan walked straight into that one and the outcome was to be expected.

I personally am not surprised when one employed for so long in intelligence services did not have the intelligence to keep his own address, telephone number and details of family and friends private and instead published them on the web for all to see.
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow

22-11-2020, 07:36 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
It will be interesting next year to look back at all of these prophesies of doom assuring us that Boris will suffer.

We shall see.
We shall, indeed .....

Page 29 of 33 « First < 19 27 28 29 30 31 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top