Join for free
Page 38 of 52 « First < 28 36 37 38 39 40 48 > Last »
Swannie148
Sydney, Australia
Swannie148 is male 

19-06-2020, 04:25 AM

Re: China Must get It's Come-uppance?

Surely we can't let it happen all over again?
Mups you mean China cant let it happen again. Its negligence for Covid Mk 1 has left hundreds of thousands dead. If it allows Mk 2 to escape the west will make the commie state a pariah.
Lindyloo
isle of wight
Lindyloo is female  Lindyloo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-06-2020, 07:05 AM

China doesn't appear to show contrition for the virus - absolutely not! Instead they have programmed the people to be proud for the way they've managed it and overcome it.
Unbelievable conceit!
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-06-2020, 07:16 AM

Hi

We can huff and puff as much as we want, the UK is not in a position to do anything for a decade.

We need to start planning and investing now to do it .
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-06-2020, 12:13 PM

After the Government's announcement today of malicious state-backed cyber activity directed at Australia, some have pointed the finger at China. But why and how can we be sure?

The online targeting of government agencies, infrastructure and business is in many ways the state of play in 2020, and has reportedly increased during the COVID-19 outbreak.

Prime Minister Scotty from Marketing said his announcement today aimed to "simply raise awareness" of such risks.

"Cyber attacks" on Australian government and industry bodies are most likely being directed by China's premier intelligence agency in retaliation for banning telco Huawei from the 5G network, experts have told the ABC.

In August 2018, the Australian Government banned Huawei and other companies from involvement in Australia's 5G network.

The ABC spoke to two former Australian officials who confirmed that the Huawei ban sparked the malicious cyber campaign. Both spoke on condition of anonymity given the sensitive nature of the story.

One of the former officials said evidence suggested the attackers may be linked to China's most powerful intelligence service, the Ministry of State Security (MSS).

However, cyber security researcher Robert Potter — who has spent years investigating MSS intrusions around the world and has previously attributed breaches to them — said the low level of sophistication of the attacks made attribution difficult.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-06-...gency/12374374
Tedc
Berkshire, UK
Tedc is male  Tedc has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-07-2020, 12:35 PM

Some forms of "Come-uppance" appear to be falling into place.

In the UK Boris is "reviewing" the Chinese involvement in 5G.
(Maybe Trump in disguise?)

The handling of the public in Hong Kong is going viral.

The WHO is, apparently keen to go in and review the Chinese early reaction to the Corona Virus (Unbiassed?)

Chinese popularity is moving!
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-07-2020, 12:52 PM

Australian Prime Minister, Scotty from Marketing, is talking war and spending a fortune on the military.

They don't mention the C word but that is what it is about because we can already scare the sh!t out of Fiji.

Lindyloo
isle of wight
Lindyloo is female  Lindyloo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-07-2020, 01:06 PM

Originally Posted by Bruce ->
Australian Prime Minister, Scotty from Marketing, is talking war and spending a fortune on the military.

They don't mention the C word but that is what it is about because we can already scare the sh!t out of Fiji.

It's in the UK news that Australia is buying missiles.

China has been trying to lay claim to the South China seas - which is an important merchant shipping lane AND the airspace above. This is more deadly than Covid-19 and the only reason I think Trump should stay in power. His threats to retaliate MUST be taken seriously by foreign powers because everyone knows he's a total nutter!!!
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-07-2020, 01:36 PM

None of us can know for sure, but I think Australia is wise to to increase it's defence strategy.

I read that the corona virus was unable to attack humans, till the Chinese started experimenting with it, & China are certainly seeking more power. What a great preparation for power when the majority of the world's economies are going downhill & when China is demonstrating its power since regaining Hong Kong.
There have been too many viruses that have appeared and caused fear, over the last decade & we would be fools to think that China could not be responsible for the Corona Virus.

I would not be in the least surprised if WW3 occurred in the not too distant future!
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-07-2020, 01:39 PM

Originally Posted by Twink55 ->
None of us can know for sure, but I think Australia is wise to to increase it's defence strategy.

I read that the corona virus was unable to attack humans, till the Chinese started experimenting with it, & China are certainly seeking more power. What a great preparation for power when the majority of the world's economies are going downhill & when China is demonstrating its power since regaining Hong Kong.
There have been too many viruses that have appeared and caused fear, over the last decade & we would be fools to think that China could not be responsible for the Corona Virus.

I would not be in the least surprised if WW3 occurred in the not too distant future!

Twink.... I was literally just saying the same thing. For some reason, China seem to be going for all out war against the rest of the World.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-07-2020, 02:00 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
Twink.... I was literally just saying the same thing. For some reason, China seem to be going for all out war against the rest of the World.
I have been thinking about this for a while & my thoughts have increased, since I read a report on the work done in China to make a bat related virus able to attack humans.
There are too many unanswered questions & enough reasons to stop us believing that this is China's intention!

Page 38 of 52 « First < 28 36 37 38 39 40 48 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top