Join for free
Page 5 of 56 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 15 55 > Last »
Gaz55
UK
Gaz55 is male  Gaz55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-11-2020, 07:31 PM

Re: Breaking - Joe Biden wins US presidential election

Welk,looks like might be best to get the spade out the shed tomorrow, and start digging to make a deep bunker to shelter in now that the World is closer to having a nuclear war with Biden and Harris with fingers on the nuclear button!
bakerman
Mexico
bakerman is male  bakerman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-11-2020, 07:31 PM

Originally Posted by Aerolor ->
I am not sure America actually is the oldest democracy Bakerman - although I suppose it depends on how you interpret a democracy. See below:-

7 Oldest Democracies in The World.
1. Greek (Athenian) Democracy. Date: 5th Century BC Location: Greece Popular Leader (s): Pericles and Cleisthenes. Notable Event: Foundations of ...
2. Roman Empire’s Democracy.
3. San Marino’s Democracy.
4. The Icelandic Democracy.
5. The Isle of Man’s Democracy.
This is a bit off topic, but one way of defining a democracy is if THE PEOPLE VOTE THEIR LEADERS INTO OFFICE. The ancient Greeks had a select group of people who voted, BUT NOT THE MASS OF THE POPULATION.
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-11-2020, 07:45 PM

Originally Posted by bakerman ->
This is a bit off topic, but one way of defining a democracy is if THE PEOPLE VOTE THEIR LEADERS INTO OFFICE. The ancient Greeks had a select group of people who voted, BUT NOT THE MASS OF THE POPULATION.
Ahh I see -but which people? What constitutes a mass then?
"In 1887: Citizenship was granted to Native Americans who are willing to disassociate themselves from their tribe by the Dawes Act, making those males technically eligible to vote."

Aside from the population of slaves (who were late in getting the right to vote -if they dared) it must only be a bit over 100 years since there has been anything resembling my understading of democracy in the USA. Sorry, but I am still saying America is not the oldest democracy in the world.
bakerman
Mexico
bakerman is male  bakerman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-11-2020, 07:46 PM

Originally Posted by Gaz55 ->
Welk,looks like might be best to get the spade out the shed tomorrow, and start digging to make a deep bunker to shelter in now that the World is closer to having a nuclear war with Biden and Harris with fingers on the nuclear button!
Oh, please. Give me a freakin' break.
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-11-2020, 07:46 PM

The Greeks got it right.
Vlad
West Midlands UK
Vlad is male  Vlad has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-11-2020, 07:51 PM

Any talk of a 2nd civil war or blood in the streets is absolutely ridiculous. Are there people who actually believe Trumps rhetoric that there has been a widespread voter fraud ? Yes, most certainly. Are those people angry ? Yes, absolutely. Do they have guns ? Guns galore. However, I see no possibility that they will start murdering Democrats. Could there be an isolated nut case who acts out his anger and becomes violent ? Yes. However, I guarantee you that the full weight of federal and state law enforcement will come thundering down on any 'organized' and violent actions. After some agitated grumbling, and extremist rhetoric, peace will reign and the world's oldest democracy will continue on, as before Trump.
My bold ...you guarantee that?

Rule One for all prophets . Never be specific
bakerman
Mexico

07-11-2020, 07:52 PM

Originally Posted by Aerolor ->
Ahh I see -but which people? What constitutes a mass then?
"In 1887: Citizenship was granted to Native Americans who are willing to disassociate themselves from their tribe by the Dawes Act, making those males technically eligible to vote."

Aside from the population of slaves (who were late in getting the right to vote -if they dared) it must only be a bit over 100 years since there has been anything resembling my understading of democracy in the USA. Sorry, but I am still saying America is not the oldest democracy in the world.

I think it best if we try to stay on topic. You think what you want and I'll think what I want.
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-11-2020, 07:58 PM

Originally Posted by Vlad ->
Rule One for all prophets . Never be specific
Someone should have told those at the Church of Trump the Irredeemable ......
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-11-2020, 07:58 PM

Originally Posted by The Artful Todger ->
The Greeks got it right.
How do you define yourself Todgy??
Part of the masses or part of the elite?
And why?

Donkeyman! 🤔🤔
bakerman
Mexico

07-11-2020, 08:06 PM

Photo of Trump's alter ego when he heard he lost the election.

Attached Thumbnails (Click to enlarge)
Click image for larger version

Name:	standing-grizzly-P4RFXE.jpg
Views:	172
Size:	98.7 KB
ID:	14085  

Page 5 of 56 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 15 55 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top