Join for free
Page 12 of 33 « First < 2 10 11 12 13 14 22 > Last »
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-11-2020, 02:43 PM

Re: Trump - The Long Goodbye

Originally Posted by Zaphod ->
Then I politely suggest that you heed your own words.
Such evident hypocrisy with a continuation of nastiness when I requested: "Now personally I'm quite happy to see an end to this ridiculous ping-pong of allegations and an end to the nastiness.".

If you didn't want ping-pong why post, because if you think I'm going to let others like you here gang up on me just because you disagree with my opinion (despite your admission that we are all entitled) and allow hypocrisy to go unchallenged you are mistaken.

Now please.
Finis.

__________________________________________________ _

Regarding the use of hugging here in the UK since this seems to cause division.

The legal viewpoint can be seen here regarding hugging at work:

"The person giving the hug might genuinely believe they’re offering someone a warm greeting or consoling them when they’re upset, and have no sinister motivations at all. But the person being hugged can see it very differently. It could be perceived as degrading, hostile or even as an attempted sexual advance – and this could be enough to ignite a harassment claim."
https://www.simpsonmillar.co.uk/medi...at-work-in-uk/

How hugging is seen in a wider context:

https://www.psychologytoday.com/gb/b...-rules-hugging

https://www.standard.co.uk/lifestyle...-a4011156.html

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencet...s-meeting.html
Why is it so difficult for those who dislike hugging to say "Sorry, I don't like hugging!" ?

I am sorry but I have little respect for women who are sexually abused, yet don't mention it to anybody until the man concerned has become more famous or wealthy!
Could it be that they were willing at the time?
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-11-2020, 02:46 PM

[QUOTE=Zaphod;1990532]Then I politely suggest that you heed your own words.
Such evident hypocrisy with a continuation of nastiness when I requested: "Now personally I'm quite happy to see an end to this ridiculous ping-pong of allegations and an end to the nastiness.".

If you didn't want ping-pong why post, because if you think I'm going to let others like you here gang up on me just because you disagree with my opinion (despite your admission that we are all entitled) and allow hypocrisy to go unchallenged you are mistaken.

Now please.
Finis.
[quote/]

I managed to make a mess of that quote so I'll bin my reply. Can't be bothered anyway with thin skinned victim types who resort to 'woe me' and rudeness when their views are challenged.
Zaphod
Lincs UK
Zaphod is male  Zaphod has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-11-2020, 02:56 PM

Originally Posted by Morticia ->
See .. differences are good. They keep discussion going.

Perhaps you rummage out the legal standpoint on anything and everything .... we all approach life and other people in differing ways.
I imagine hugs and tactile contact are far and few experiences in your life . Some people are more social creatures than other. Each to their own.
Why on earth would you think that?
I am fortunate in having two granddaughters thank you very much who - until this darned virus - I am able to see and shower with affection on a regular basis.

As to the legal standpoint, that was part of my job for many years so I have lived through some of the changes regarding acceptable behaviour.
At one time for example I could have finished with "my dear" without being accused of condescension.

As a man though I generally have to be far more aware of public displays of affection than you women seem to be.
A woman of almost any age hugging a pre-teen girl for example is seen as motherly.
A man doing the same most certainly isn't, almost universally.
*Note I'm talking of "in public" - not in the privacy of family or close friends.*

Some differences might be good but others are not; they are unfair.
But that's society for you.

ETA:
Too late binning your reply, I was answering.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-11-2020, 03:07 PM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
I have witnessed hugging and kissing at work. I've given and accepted hugs. It's usually if someone is leaving or their birthday if you are close friends. It's not pervy.

It is a bit invasive to reach and touch a woman (or man) from behind on both shoulders. One shoulder is acceptable and this happens in meetings.

Back in the 80s/90s it was definitely considered normal for men to touch women eg the back of the waist when guiding a woman through a door, or an arm touch. I even had a guy tickle my neck from behind when at my desk and say hello darling. At college guys would pinch your bum. Times have changed but some men behave the same as then.

Trump took Teresa Mays hand when they met. The UK found that a bit shocking at the time. Differences in culture and behaviour abound. The US has a more paternalistic chauvinistic culture than we do these days.

What is interesting is that when Trump was asked to comment on Biden's sexual assault allegation he said it could be a false accusation. Compared it with his own experiences.
A hug and a kiss from a Lass at a works do would lead a young man to think it was his Birthday.
Zaphod
Lincs UK
Zaphod is male  Zaphod has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-11-2020, 03:41 PM

A piece from The Conservative Woman which I am reasonably sure that some here won't like, and it starts with this:

"WOW, do people have short memories. Now that the Democrats have ‘won’ the 2020 election, ‘it is time for unity’. Funny that, because I remember after the 2016 election when the Republicans won, it was a time for Resistance."

https://www.conservativewoman.co.uk/...the-real-news/
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-11-2020, 03:51 PM

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
A hug and a kiss from a Lass at a works do would lead a young man to think it was his Birthday.
You certainly find out who really appreciates your work!
Zaphod
Lincs UK

12-11-2020, 04:05 PM

Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-11-2020, 04:36 PM

Originally Posted by Zaphod ->
Why on earth would you think that?
I am fortunate in having two granddaughters thank you very much who - until this darned virus - I am able to see and shower with affection on a regular basis.

As to the legal standpoint, that was part of my job for many years so I have lived through some of the changes regarding acceptable behaviour.
At one time for example I could have finished with "my dear" without being accused of condescension.

As a man though I generally have to be far more aware of public displays of affection than you women seem to be.
A woman of almost any age hugging a pre-teen girl for example is seen as motherly.
A man doing the same most certainly isn't, almost universally.
*Note I'm talking of "in public" - not in the privacy of family or close friends.*

Some differences might be good but others are not; they are unfair.
But that's society for you.

ETA:
Too late binning your reply, I was answering.
Ah, good, glad you replied ... I binned it because I got in a mess with it and it seemed nonsensical but you seem to have got the gist.

I see now where you're coming from. Your view, quite understandably, is based on a guy's viewpoint. A wary guy.

But just because guys feel they have to be more aware it doesn't necessarily follow that they should catechize anyone who is still more demonstrative, male or female.
A woman could reasonably claim the same though, especially where children are concerned, as she might well be mistaken for procuring kids for other people's perverted uses.
Yes, society has certainly changed.
Dextrous63
Chatterbox
Manchester, UK
Dextrous63 is male  Dextrous63 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-11-2020, 04:51 PM

Have to admit that I've never really been into hugging anyone other than close friends.

I prefer to rub my crotch and lick my lips while staring at the recipient's breasts. No claims of physical abuse or inappropriate contact can ever be made by adopting this policy.
Percy Vere
Wilds and woolly wastes of Staffordshire, UK
Percy Vere is male  Percy Vere has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-11-2020, 05:09 PM

I really do not know how valid this is, it came from a Republican friend of mine in an email today. For all I know it could be a bucketful of bovine excreta but, it does make interesting reading and even more interesting possibilities! The "fat lady ain't singing yet!"

Attached Thumbnails (Click to enlarge)
Click image for larger version

Name:	campaign.jpg
Views:	75
Size:	65.0 KB
ID:	14118  

Page 12 of 33 « First < 2 10 11 12 13 14 22 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top