Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Alan Cooke
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire, UK
Alan Cooke is male  Alan Cooke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-10-2014, 04:44 PM

Out of Body Experiences.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/sc...l-9780195.html Interesting.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-10-2014, 05:09 PM

Re: Out of Body Experiences.

There has long been evidence of this as far as medical staff are concerned.
Have read accounts of hospital resuscitation where patients describe in great detail what was said and by whom.
Surgeons in Canada and elsewhere decided to do their own experiments, placing objects high up and out of sight to the patient and the patients were able to describe the objects. I believe these experiments led to the investigation now publicised.
Myra
Chatterbox
my wee toon
Myra is female  Myra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-10-2014, 05:29 PM

I believe I've had one before, when I was young. Whether it was a dream or not, who knows. I was in bed at night and fell asleep. I distinctly remember, to this day, floating upwards towards the ceiling and looking down at myself sleeping. I've never forgotten it. Who knows?
Honey
Chatterbox
Lancashire
Honey is female  Honey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-10-2014, 05:32 PM

I wouldn't mind the experience, I could paint the ceiling whilst I was up there!
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-10-2014, 06:32 PM

Originally Posted by Honey ->
I wouldn't mind the experience, I could paint the ceiling whilst I was up there!
Yes I've known someone who could do this at will - I wonder if he thought of that
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-10-2014, 08:21 PM

It is not surprising really that although ..

Experts currently believe that the brain shuts down within 20 to 30 seconds of the heart stopping beating
..some brains take longer to close down completely ....

But scientists in the new study have said they heard compelling evidence that patients experienced real events for up to three minutes after this had happened – and could recall them accurately once they had been resuscitated.
..and that events happening around a person at this time can be registered and recalled.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-10-2014, 10:36 PM

Out of body experiences don't have to have anything to do with death though. What about Astral travel, where people are happily asleep in their own beds and go off experiencing weird and wonderful things - and I'm not talking about normal dreaming.
There is a lot of difference between Near Death Experiences and Astral travelling.
Graham
South Hampshire
Graham is male  Graham has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-10-2014, 11:09 PM

Originally Posted by Patsy ->
Yes I've known someone who could do this at will - I wonder if he thought of that
Replace a broken light? Clear cobwebs, Clear a ventilation duct maybe?
AutumnColour
Chatterbox
Trent Hills, Ontario
AutumnColour is female  AutumnColour has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-10-2014, 12:34 AM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
Out of body experiences don't have to have anything to do with death though. What about Astral travel, where people are happily asleep in their own beds and go off experiencing weird and wonderful things - and I'm not talking about normal dreaming.
There is a lot of difference between Near Death Experiences and Astral travelling.
Very interesting. I believe that has happened to me.
AutumnColour
Chatterbox
Trent Hills, Ontario
AutumnColour is female  AutumnColour has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-10-2014, 12:35 AM

Originally Posted by Honey ->
Very cheeky & very funny.

But....I do believe in this as well.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top