Join for free
Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Alan Cooke
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire, UK
Alan Cooke is male  Alan Cooke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-11-2014, 12:26 PM

Re: Ghosts are an Illusion.

Interesting Julie and no, I can't explain it but I'd have to experience something similar myself to change my view.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-11-2014, 01:25 PM

Originally Posted by Alan Cooke ->
Interesting Julie and no, I can't explain it but I'd have to experience something similar myself to change my view.
That just about goes for 'all' non believers ......
Anita
Midlands, UK
Anita is female  Anita has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-11-2014, 01:52 PM

Even scientists say that there can be other 'universes', not in the sense of lots of parallel ones but the possibility that an alternative existence of some sort could exist. There is a lot that is unknown.
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-11-2014, 07:23 PM

AS already said, if those have not experienced the unexplainable then yes they are going to be sceptical understandably. Having experience what I have it tends to leave me with an open mind on the whole issue surrounding such matters. One incident that sticks vividly in my mind happened way back in the mid 1960, but to me as if it was yesterday. There have been other times as well to which my wife Sue will vouch for which I don't want to go into as it involves other people.

What I would say is that a lot of what is shown in the media is a load of rubbish anyway , what really happens, to me at least, it suddenly comes to mind without forethought and I have no idea how it happens. it just does.

For those in doubt let me give this example to open ones mind a bit.

Those that drive cars how often do you know there is a vehicle coming the other way so you don't overtake, even though the road seems clear? Yes it could be well down to experience I agree, but not every time. it is something that tells you not to and warns.

Those that really do believe tend not to say anything anyway as it often is looked on as being a bit crazy or at least a bit odd.

When I have had this conversation with some of my previous clients when they came to board their pets with us, it was amazing how many opened up and admitted they had something they could not explain happen to them. But in nearly every conversation they admitted they would not tell anyone.

So it is more common than one thinks.
Pats
Lincolnshire
Pats is female  Pats has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-11-2014, 09:56 PM

Originally Posted by Jem ->
Well Alan we are all entitled to believe what we like and the scientists in the article did say “Ghosts are PROBABLY just an illusion created by the mind”
Exactly...nothing proven either way.
Gabi
Lancs,.
Gabi is female  Gabi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-11-2014, 01:20 PM

Many years ago I worked on a leisure shift on a machine with no-one around me. One night something broke on the machine I tried to fix it for a while then gave up and went for break to the washroom, when I came back the part was fixed I asked around had anyone done it or seen someone there but no-one had. There had always been a rumour that there was a ghost who was an old man that had worked all his life in that place. I said he could come and help me any day, then one night there was just two of us left in. Having a bit of fun I shouted to the other woman "there's only me and thee" in a quaky voice I'd no sooner finished the words when all the lights went out then on. We nearly broke our necks getting out of there fast.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-11-2014, 01:35 PM

Originally Posted by Gabi ->
Many years ago I worked on a leisure shift on a machine with no-one around me. One night something broke on the machine I tried to fix it for a while then gave up and went for break to the washroom, when I came back the part was fixed I asked around had anyone done it or seen someone there but no-one had. There had always been a rumour that there was a ghost who was an old man that had worked all his life in that place. I said he could come and help me any day, then one night there was just two of us left in. Having a bit of fun I shouted to the other woman "there's only me and thee" in a quaky voice I'd no sooner finished the words when all the lights went out then on. We nearly broke our necks getting out of there fast.
It does give you an initial jolt, but so many things have happened to me - I take it in me stride now
Fender Bender
By the pc
Fender Bender is male  Fender Bender has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-11-2014, 04:44 PM

It seems to me that the only reason ghosts, etc are said not to exist is because so far, they have not been proven to exist.

There is a group photograph in existence that was taken at Cranwell in 1919(?). In it, a young engineer is clearly seen. He died three days previous to the photo being taken. Of course, according to scientists, thats not proof.
Fender Bender
By the pc
Fender Bender is male  Fender Bender has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-11-2014, 11:50 AM

Explain this....

For a few weeks now, on several occasions, I've seen the shape of a woman leaving my bedroom. Fair enough, that could just be a dream.

Then, a couple of weeks ago, I saw her sat at the foot of the other bed in the room, watching me.

Next instance. I'd been to the bathroom, and got back into bed. I reached for my bottle of water, and drank from it. Turning to my right, I saw the same woman kneeling on the floor. She said "I'm thirsty, can I have some of your water?" I gave her the bottle, she drank from it, and gave it back.

Last night. All yesterday evening, I was not well. In the middle of the night, I needed to go to the bathroom. When I returned, the woman was standng there, quite agitated. She asked "Where have you been? I thought that I had lost you?"

Before anyone asks, my feelings on each of these occasions were surprisingly neutral.

Comments?
Fredtheshed
Derbyshire uk
Fredtheshed is male  Fredtheshed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-11-2014, 02:38 AM

Well being the only person on here that has seen real ghosts ,i can tell you they look solid like you and me.

Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top