Join for free
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
ZsaZsa
Miskolc Hungary
ZsaZsa is female  ZsaZsa has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-12-2014, 09:29 AM

Re: Silence !

Originally Posted by Jem ->
Animals can hear sounds we can't hear and maybe we can hear sounds they can't hear, my dog pays absolutely no attention to the radio or the TV, it's as like he can't hear it or it's just not there, he's not deaf, even it a dog barks on the air it makes no difference to him. On second thoughts maybe he's super clever and just ignores all the the crap thats on.
My dog developed severe entropion at 4 months old which left her partially sighted for the next 6 months (and 5 operations later). To compensate for her poor sight her hearing became hypersensitive, even an owl hooting in the middle of the night would wake her up! Trying to watch TV in the evening was a nightmare because she'd become distressed at any unusual sound coming from the TV. I finally overcame her reacting to it by placing her in front of the screen and repeating the word "television" each time she panicked.
Myra
Chatterbox
my wee toon
Myra is female  Myra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-12-2014, 01:03 PM

The closest I've heard silence was in a sound proof room when my son had his hearing tested. It "sounded" strange.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-12-2014, 12:34 AM

Another tinnitus sufferer here, it's bearable during the day but night times are the worse when the house is quiet and you try to get some sleep.
greg
nottingham-Derby Border
greg is male  greg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-12-2014, 12:59 AM

Originally Posted by Mags ->
Another tinnitus sufferer here, it's bearable during the day but night times are the worse when the house is quiet and you try to get some sleep.
+1.
has been that bad,like toothache reaching into my head,its made me cry.
Ironically though its the main reason i escape to the wilds on my bike as being neck deep in people and their noise/energies adds stress to it in bucketfulls and i often feel fit to burst.
away from people etc and in the wild,i can bear it and often the wind etc masks it and i can relax.
Honey
Chatterbox
Lancashire
Honey is female  Honey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-12-2014, 02:31 AM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
Being a Quaker I spend a fair bit of time in silence, I can absolutely say it doesn't exist - some people make some very worrying bodily noises !
are we discussing fanny bombs again?
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-12-2014, 08:54 AM

Originally Posted by alice76 ->
The closest I've heard silence was in a sound proof room when my son had his hearing tested. It "sounded" strange.
But even then you have your heartbeat and the sound of your breathing. I think total silence is impossible.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-12-2014, 09:51 AM

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
But even then you have your heartbeat and the sound of your breathing. I think total silence is impossible.

It is impossible - add to your list - tummy rumbles
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-12-2014, 09:51 AM

Originally Posted by Honey ->
are we discussing fanny bombs again?
Gabi
Lancs,.
Gabi is female  Gabi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-12-2014, 10:48 PM

Swimming under water is very silent.....
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-12-2014, 06:59 PM

What about the bubbles from your SCUBA equipment ?:

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top