Join for free
Page 5 of 6 « First < 3 4 5 6 >
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-04-2020, 10:23 PM

Re: A story about spaghetti

I found this old pic. Not the best photograph but the long jar can just be seen behind the red oil & vinegar bottles.

Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-04-2020, 10:25 PM

of course you really need a large pan to cook the long stuff otherwise by the time you get the last bit in, the first bit is cooked.
bakerman
Mexico
bakerman is male  bakerman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-04-2020, 10:26 PM

Originally Posted by biffo ->
It is difficult to get hold of you might find it online.
Mind you would it arrive in one piece
Just out of curiosity, is there some special reason for using it ? Perhaps just for fun ?
biffo
Norfolk UK
biffo is male  biffo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-04-2020, 10:34 PM

Mrs Biffo refuses to eat the shorter one!
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England

22-04-2020, 10:35 PM

Originally Posted by bakerman ->
Just out of curiosity, is there some special reason for using it ? Perhaps just for fun ?
As far as I can remember it was just standard here, it was only later that the shorter stuff came along.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-04-2020, 10:37 PM

All this talk of pasta is making me hungry! I have just enough pasta flour left to make some lasagna tomorrow.
bakerman
Mexico
bakerman is male  bakerman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-04-2020, 10:40 PM

Originally Posted by biffo ->
Mrs Biffo refuses to eat the shorter one!
Interesting. If momma is not happy, no one is happy.
Westender
Sussex, UK
Westender is male  Westender has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-04-2020, 03:30 PM

Originally Posted by bakerman ->
There was s romantic scene in Disney's animation" Lady and the Tramp" involving quite long spaghetti.

In hindsight it was a bit of a challenge eating it without making a horrible mess. I think there is a certain technique using a spoon and fork, something to practice at home perhaps, it's not something I'd attempt in polite company.
Percy Vere
Wilds and woolly wastes of Staffordshire, UK
Percy Vere is male  Percy Vere has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-04-2020, 03:35 PM

Originally Posted by Westender ->
There was s romantic scene in Disney's animation" Lady and the Tramp" involving quite long spaghetti.

In hindsight it was a bit of a challenge eating it without making a horrible mess. I think there is a certain technique using a spoon and fork, something to practice at home perhaps, it's not something I'd attempt in polite company.
One should never, ever use a spoon!!!! Today is Thursday. A casa nostra, Thursday night is always pasta night.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England

23-04-2020, 04:32 PM

Originally Posted by Westender ->

I found it the best method. sucking is difficult if you have a tooth missing.

Page 5 of 6 « First < 3 4 5 6 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top