Join for free
Page 9 of 52 « First < 7 8 9 10 11 19 > Last »
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-04-2020, 02:22 AM

Re: China Must get It's Come-uppance?

Originally Posted by Lion Queen ->
They also make a lot of crap.

Part of my work involves fraud scanning and I can tell you almost 75% of that fraud is from people here that have bought from China. Cheap shoddy goods sold not as advertised and refusing to refund the customer more telling the customer 'can't you sell it on to a friend' it will cost too much to send back? What kind of business is that.

Also much of the time people order from China and never even receive the goods. They are sneaky, they set websites up and the customer thinks it is a UK website then only to find out it is actually selling from China. Many of them are fraudsters. The photographs I have seen of what people ordered and what actually arrived is shocking.

I have certainly had my eyes opened since I began working at our place. I will never buy from China.

All these adverts that come up on facebook showing beautiful clothes and shoes then when you look at reviews people are telling you to stay the hell away because it's a scam or their goods are nothing like advertised.
Hi

Sorry LQ.

You will never buy from China?

So no TV, mobile ,computer or tablet.

You are prepared to accept power cuts every day and be unable to replace your batteries when they run out.

That is the reality of life.

The Chinese have played the long game, they own 80% of the rare earth metals we rely on day in and day out.

They can turn the tap off anytime.

What are we going to do?

Go to war with them?
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-04-2020, 09:53 AM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

Sorry LQ.

You are prepared to accept power cuts every day and be unable to replace your batteries when they run out.

The Chinese have played the long game, they own 80% of the rare earth metals we rely on day in and day out.

What are we going to do?

Go to war with them?
Ok point taken, i should have made it clearer i was talking about that i wont buy clothes from china. I will always check reviews for clothes adverts that come up on facebook because I'm suspicious ofvthem all now. That was what i was referring to.

I'm really angry with the chinese government for trying to gag that poor doctor who before he died was trying to warn the world about this virus, they are not to be trusted.

I dislike the chinese culture, they are horrible race who see nothing wrong with cruelty to animals and think nothing of eating them alive. Its wrong.

Am i supposed to think that its ok that they have caused terror around the world by starting a world pandemic, eat live animals and other things just because they make tvs and are good at technology?

Im sure we could buy those things from other countries.

I watch border force and the amount of chinese people who are trying to sneak in prohibited food and wierd stuff that could cause disease to australia tells me they just dont give a crap as long as they can bring in what they like.

Start a war with them? Well they certainly started an invisible war with the rest of the world didn't they.
Tedc
Berkshire, UK
Tedc is male  Tedc has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-04-2020, 11:09 AM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
China Must get It's Come-uppance?

Why must there be someone to blame these days.....

The Virus....

The Monsoons in India....

The Bushfires in Australia....

The record high temperatures in Europe last year...

The Ice melting at the poles.....

No chance that they could just be natural occurrences then?.........
Nope, the DT, today, digs further into the obfuscation and deliberate hiding of the facts, immediately, after the outbreak of the virus - in their area.

Apparently is was hidden until it was too late for others to prepare for the worst.

Thousands have died because of that!

They, it is stated, shut down, or even jailed, Chinese observers who saw it happening - 3 weeks before China told the world.

Also it says how lucky it has been, for China, that the WHO treated the viruses as not so important, or too embarrassing. Even more lucky as the Chinese, allegedly, ensured that the leader of the WHO was "on their team".

Can't preach to the converted, though, it's only a newspaper!
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-04-2020, 11:16 AM

Originally Posted by Tedc ->
Nope, the DT, today, digs further into the obfuscation and deliberate hiding of the facts, immediately, after the outbreak of the virus - in their area.

Apparently is was hidden until it was too late for others to prepare for the worst.

Thousands have died because of that!

They, it is stated, shut down, or even jailed, Chinese observers who saw it happening - 3 weeks before China told the world.

Also it says how lucky it has been, for China, that the WHO treated the viruses as not so important, or too embarrassing. Even more lucky as the Chinese, allegedly, ensured that the leader of the WHO was "on their team".

Can't preach to the converted, though, it's only a newspaper!
No, not converted Ted, I'm always open minded and prepared to listen to all theories.... I just like to probe other peoples minds to see what they think....Jury's still out....
Tedc
Berkshire, UK
Tedc is male  Tedc has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-04-2020, 11:24 AM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

Sorry LQ.

What are we going to do?

Go to war with them?
My bold.

I guess that you don't think that their "turning off the tap" will hurt them in any way.

I think that may be a misjudgement considering their need to trade with the rest of the world.
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-04-2020, 11:31 AM

I dislike the chinese culture, they are horrible race who see nothing wrong with cruelty to animals and think nothing of eating them alive. Its wrong.
This from the country that until recently hunted foxes by getting dogs to tear them apart alive, allows animals to be slaughtered without stunning first, who's farmers gave the world Mad Cow disease and salmonella chickens.

Hypocrisy if you ask me.

A Singaporean friend of mine texted me today:

"You know why we don't play cricket? Because we would eat the bat."
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-04-2020, 11:41 AM

Originally Posted by Bruce ->
This from the country that until recently hunted foxes by getting dogs to tear them apart alive, allows animals to be slaughtered without stunning first, who's farmers gave the world Mad Cow disease and salmonella chickens.

Hypocrisy if you ask me.

I am no hypocritic thank you. I as a person certainly do not do or condone any of the things you mention.

I should have expected you to come back at me with a smart commwnt, I'm becoming accustomed to it from you.
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-04-2020, 11:43 AM

Hypocrisy if you ask me.

And myximatosis Brucy???
Donkeyman! 😇😇😇
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-04-2020, 11:51 AM

I am no hypocritic thank you. I as a person certainly do not do or condone any of the things you mention.

I should have expected you to come back at me with a smart commwnt, I'm becoming accustomed to it from you.
Glad I didn't disappoint.
Tedc
Berkshire, UK

04-04-2020, 11:56 AM

Hypocrisy if you ask me.

Nice attempt to divert the charges.

In simplest terms we need only to ask the following questions.

1) Did the Chinese know about the new Virus for several days before warning the world?

2) Is it true that a single day's delay would have cost hundreds of lives?

3) Did the Chinese deliberately hide the developments, by jailing their own experts & threatening others who might let the facts be known?

4) Are the Chinese still bending the numbers?

5) Did the Chinese attempt to shift the blame to the US?

In answering these points please try to avoid trying to say others, in history, have been just as bad - people are still dying and need to be respected.

p.s. Hope your Singapore friend has noted that they are having to rack their defence back up as their numbers are rising fast.

Page 9 of 52 « First < 7 8 9 10 11 19 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top