Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-05-2017, 05:40 PM

car audible bulb failure warning

Isn't it about time every car manufactured should have an car audible bulb failure warning The number of cars I constantly follow that have only one or even no rear brake lights staggers me. Even front head lights out is getting more common

I used to have a car that did give a visual warning (think it was a volvo), But a loud audible warning that can't be stopped until the fail light is replaced should be a must forced on every manufacture
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK
Tpin is male  Tpin has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-05-2017, 05:54 PM

Re: car audible bulb failure warning

Too distracting when on the move.

Unlike a car door or seatbelt warning that goes off instantly the lightbulb warning would drive me mad.

There are far too many nanny state warnings as there is.....just check the bloomin things.
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-05-2017, 06:43 PM

Tpin people don't check first and it is a safety feature. They should not be on the move with light failure that is the whole point
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK
Tpin is male  Tpin has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-05-2017, 09:24 PM

Originally Posted by realspeed ->
Tpin people don't check first and it is a safety feature. They should not be on the move with light failure that is the whole point
You said bulb warning light(not light failure).....what do you expect people to do...pull over and stop?

It's perfectly fine to continue your journey until you can get it replaced.....I wouldn't pull over, in the middle of the night because one bulb failed.

Though I admit I may just take a heavy object and beat the carp out of the buzzer
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-05-2017, 09:58 PM

It's easy to check your bulbs before you set off every time (not that I do!).

Side lights, headlights, fog lights, indicators, they are all easy to check.

But not brake lights. Not if you're on your own, unless you have something close by to reflect the light.
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast

27-05-2017, 10:55 PM

Brake lights easy to check with a warning sound, engine on, foot on brake peddle no sound lights ok . Foot on brake peddle sound bulb not working.
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK

27-05-2017, 11:12 PM

Brake lights easy to check with a warning sound, engine on, foot on brake peddle no sound lights ok . Foot on brake peddle sound bulb not working.
What if it blows whilst driving...would you stop your journey or carry on?

Cars are becoming boring....no fun to drive...too many bloody warning lights etc.

I'd much prefer an audible voice recording...a bit like "Warning, vehicle reversing" but "Danger, t**t at the wheel"
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-05-2017, 11:44 PM

I've never heard of that. Is it a recent development? Do all cars have it?
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast

28-05-2017, 09:26 AM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
I've never heard of that. Is it a recent development? Do all cars have it?
None have it that I know of but my old volvo did. There is nothing more annoying than following a car and it stops without any brake lights coming on, or any other extrnl light failure. It is already a motoring offence anyway, so by having a warning buzzer alerting the driver the brake lights or others not working it could also save getting points on a licence.

Think of it, foot on brake peddle, warning buzzer = brake light failure, replace it ASAP no points on licence.
What is wrong with that unless being a complete moron
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK

28-05-2017, 11:23 AM

None have it that I know of but my old volvo did. There is nothing more annoying than following a car and it stops without any brake lights coming on, or any other extrnl light failure. It is already a motoring offence anyway, so by having a warning buzzer alerting the driver the brake lights or others not working it could also save getting points on a licence.

Think of it, foot on brake peddle, warning buzzer = brake light failure, replace it ASAP no points on licence.
What is wrong with that unless being a complete moron
You don't get points for bulb failure....a £30 fixed penalty.
Tbh I have never known anybody that has been given anything other than a friendly "Your rear light is out" type of reaction.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top