Join for free
Page 30 of 43 « First < 20 28 29 30 31 32 40 > Last »
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK
Besoeker is male  Besoeker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-11-2018, 06:41 PM

Re: If you could ask god one question

Originally Posted by wild blueberry ->

I am a believer, and I am not in the least offended by anything that is posted here, because I just think that they haven't got enough to do with their time....so they figure they will go on the "God bashing" thread....maybe a hobby?
No god bashing from me.
I respect your belief. Mature of you to accept it as a belief. Others say they have tangible evidence.

I have an absence of such beliefs.
I'm just a pragmatic old phart. It is not a frivolous take on things.

We are all born atheists. Whatever religion or god we embrace is largely a matter of geography and the society you grew up in. I suppose I didn't think much about this until I was in my teens. Then it wasn't discussed. You'd be slapped down for even questioning the existence of a divine, supernatural entity.

I guess it was when I was at secondary school when we had a mathematics teacher whose stance is that life and evolution had statistics stacked against it. Enormous odds against it I dared to disagree pointing out that there were billions of years in which the chances of the right elements could have taken place. No god required.
Sage
U. S.
Sage is female  Sage has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-11-2018, 06:50 PM

It's good to see there are people here with good senses of humor... Mr. Ploppy and OldGreyFox. I figured I might get lectured.
Rehab44
Chatterbox
Nil
Rehab44 is male  Rehab44 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-11-2018, 07:15 PM

Originally Posted by wild blueberry ->
Who is forcing it on you Rhab? Just curious...

Yes, anti-religions supporters DO have the right to defend themselves and oppose it, but I can't see what this thread is doing that helps with the opposition.

Who is going to read it, who can truely help you in your quest? There is nobody on OFF who can help you........just a bunch of people trying to say something more ridiculous than the poster before them.........
Like I said "this is a waste of valuable time"... surely us adult seniors have something more productive to do with our time, don't we?

I am a believer, and I am not in the least offended by anything that is posted here, because I just think that they haven't got enough to do with their time....so they figure they will go on the "God bashing" thread....maybe a hobby?
Religion and a belief in a supernatural being pervades society. Prayers are said at the start of business in both Houses of Parliament. Our National Anthemn mentions a god. Our recent Remembrance Day parades kicked off with prayers, it goes on and on.
Further to your second para, a thread was posted, re asking god a question, as I understand it there was no restriction that only god botherers could respond and obviously a lot of people have read it
Because a lot of us are non religious and don’t believe in your god don’t say ‘we have too much time on our hands or that this is a hobby’ because if you attend church each Sunday to worship a god then your statements certainly apply to those who do, too much time on your hands and it is a hobby that is blindly followed.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-11-2018, 07:29 PM

Religion is forcing the British people to eat Halal meat against the will of most of the population in order to pander to someone else's a medieval cruel sky fairy .
wild blueberry
Toronto, Canada
wild blueberry is female  wild blueberry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-11-2018, 07:37 PM

Originally Posted by Rehab44 ->
Religion and a belief in a supernatural being pervades society. Prayers are said at the start of business in both Houses of Parliament. Our National Anthemn mentions a god. Our recent Remembrance Day parades kicked off with prayers, it goes on and on.
Further to your second para, a thread was posted, re asking god a question, as I understand it there was no restriction that only god botherers could respond and obviously a lot of people have read it
Because a lot of us are non religious and don’t believe in your god don’t say ‘we have too much time on our hands or that this is a hobby’ because if you attend church each Sunday to worship a god then your statements certainly apply to those who do, too much time on your hands and it is a hobby that is blindly followed.
HAHAHAHAHAHA You and a few others really get riled if I say something on behalf of my belief.........but I have read dozens and dozens of posts from the God-haters and never said a word. Soon as I do have a day when I feel like posting a couple post on here, YIKES, have I been jumped on....."how dare you wild blueberrry"

PS: He isn't just "my" God and I don't go to church every Sunday. And , when I said a hobby, I was suggesting that maybe some should get a hobby rather than spending so much time posting on a thread where they can't get any help with omiting God from Society........

Perhaps, write to your Governments, Parades, Houses of Parliament, Remembrance Day Parade Organizers, Wouldn't that be a more productive place to sent your posts instead on OFF? None of us people on OFF are going to do anything to help your cause.......

I am a very open minded individual and love to hear about other people's "beliefs", but I don't like them to try to PUSH it down my throat like it was when I was posted on this thread a while ago. That was overwhelming.

I don't try to change your way of thinking, so why do you try to change mine? I would like to answer to the topic "if I could ask God one question, what would it be", but you people won't let me "without trashing my beliefs"

This thread should be called Trashing God thread......
instead of asking us what would we ask Him (when you don't even believe in HIM). That is like asking me what kind of gas do I put in my Smgotrabula Car, when there is no such thing as a Smgotrabula Car. Seems a little silly to me. Like I say "a complete waste of valuable time". Get a hobby if you are that bored.
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK
Besoeker is male  Besoeker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-11-2018, 07:47 PM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
Religion is forcing the British people to eat Halal meat against the will of most of the population in order to pander to someone else's a medieval cruel sky fairy .
Care to provide substantiated evidence?
Primus1
York
Primus1 is male  Primus1 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-11-2018, 07:56 PM

I started this thread as just a bit of lighthearted musings, I assumed ( possibly wrongly) that the thread title would naturally presume the existence of god. And if you could you could ask him/her/it, one question, ie why did you or why couldn’t you ect, it seems that any religious question posted results in faith bashing, this was not the intention, I do not believe in god, but I respect those that do, and would never try to impose my thoughts about god/religion on anyone, I thought there would be lots of amusing and interesting replies and questions for god, but it seems to be taken the other way and used to attack (for want of a better word) those who believe, I understand people either believe,or disbelieve, like ufos, ghosts and monsters, until there is concrete proof either way, we’ll never know..
wild blueberry
Toronto, Canada
wild blueberry is female  wild blueberry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-11-2018, 08:00 PM

Originally Posted by Primus1 ->
I started this thread as just a bit of lighthearted musings, I assumed ( possibly wrongly) that the thread title would naturally presume the existence of god. And if you could you could ask him/her/it, one question, ie why did you or why couldn’t you ect, it seems that any religious question posted results in faith bashing, this was not the intention, I do not believe in god, but I respect those that do, and would never try to impose my thoughts about god/religion on anyone, I thought there would be lots of amusing and interesting replies and questions for god, but it seems to be taken the other way and used to attack (for want of a better word) those who believe, I understand people either believe,or disbelieve, like ufos, ghosts and monsters, until there is concrete proof either way, we’ll never know..
Thank you Primus......I appreciate you saying this.
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-11-2018, 08:24 PM

Praise The Lord!!....WB,
wild blueberry
Toronto, Canada

15-11-2018, 08:30 PM

Originally Posted by pauline3 ->
Praise The Lord!!....WB,
Pauline.......

Now if I could ask God one question, I would ask him this......

"God, what about the animals after they die?"

Page 30 of 43 « First < 20 28 29 30 31 32 40 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top