Join for free
Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Minx
Chatterbox
South Africa
Minx is female  Minx has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-11-2020, 04:18 PM

Re: What’s the most adventurous thing you’ve ever done?

Originally Posted by susan m ->
I was 53 and went backpacking with a friend to Thailand . Our budget was £1000 each which was also to pay for return flights via Dubai and support us for 33 days .

Slept on the floor of a monastery . Stepped down in a room at dusk to wash down with a bucket from a barrel of water into a giant ants nest , luckily didnt get bitten but horrifying . Rented a cheap room over the river kwai , as dusk came the whole room filled from floor to ceiling with cockroaches, covered myself in a large mosquito net and managed to sleep till dawn then ran like hell outta there . Visited a town full of monkeys that jumped on my back , slept in another room with bed bugs . All sounds awful now and there were times it was but also what an adventure . I would not do it again on a budget . I never knew I could jump so high or scream so loud .
What an awe inspiring trip
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK
Besoeker is male  Besoeker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-11-2020, 04:19 PM

A few things. From an icebreaker on the St Lawrence river so the Sahara desert.
Minx
Chatterbox
South Africa
Minx is female  Minx has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-11-2020, 04:20 PM

Originally Posted by Besoeker ->
A few things. From an icebreaker on the St Lawrence river so the Sahara desert.
The icebreaker is something I’ve always wanted to do. Must have had some beautiful sights of the icebergs and sea
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK
Besoeker is male  Besoeker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-11-2020, 04:32 PM

Originally Posted by Minx ->
The icebreaker is something I’ve always wanted to do. Must have had some beautiful sights of the icebergs and sea
Ir was very lumpy. And grey. I'm sure there were better days.......................(
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-11-2020, 06:06 PM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
Sounds a lot like 'geocaching' Tiff....

https://geocaching.co.uk/
When I did it that technology didn't exist. I think it was probably more fun then & much harder to find the boxes.
We used compass, map & common sense, nothing else to help us. Some of our guides were evil, once we were searching all over Bear Tor for one & the guide was actually sitting on it. When we twigged we shoved him off & there it was. That particular 'box' was buried in the ground. We'd find them in rock formations, under rocks & once hanging over a cliff, luckily one of our intrepid members climbed up & retrieved it for us, then he had to put it back after we had all stamped. It was great fun & I got to walk a very long way & saw parts of Dartmoor I'd never have thought of visiting.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-11-2020, 07:41 PM

Hi

Once told ex mil her Yorkshire Pudding was rubbish!

Apàrt from that,seeing tigers in the wild
Minx
Chatterbox
South Africa

10-11-2020, 08:05 PM

Originally Posted by The Artful Todger ->
Me? I have studiously avoided anything in the least bit adventurous. I don't do physical risks.
We are all unique
Minx
Chatterbox
South Africa

10-11-2020, 08:06 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

Once told ex mil her Yorkshire Pudding was rubbish!

Apàrt from that,seeing tigers in the wild
Good thing she’s your ex mil
Minx
Chatterbox
South Africa

10-11-2020, 08:07 PM

Originally Posted by Besoeker ->
Ir was very lumpy. And grey. I'm sure there were better days.......................(
Clearly, I only see the part that’s televised and not the whole picture
Minx
Chatterbox
South Africa

10-11-2020, 08:35 PM

Originally Posted by bakerman ->
I circumnavigated the globe. I took it in steps and without using any tour groups. I'd fly into a country, sometimes by freighter, stay over for a week to 30 days, and then book my next step. Along the way, I visited: Mexico, Costa Rica, Hawaii, Guam, Korea, Japan, Taiwan, Hong Kong, Philippines, Indonesia, Thailand, Egypt and back to Florida. My longest 'stopover' was in the Philippines where I lived for 7 years.

The nicest, most helpful, friendly people I encountered ? Definitely has to be Hong Kong.

The most fun? The Philippines.

The most intellectually stimulating ? Ancient Egypt... by far.
Wow, I would have to say that you are the most adventurous person I’ve ever encountered! What an interesting life you’ve lead. You really have lived a life most people dream of

Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top