Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-02-2018, 03:17 PM

Original Sin

The notion that some are born evil is nothing new.

Some religions believe we're born evil and need it thrashed out of us.

Sure we need to be taught right from wrong, we're not born with a rule book ~ knowing that comes with parenting and experience.

But can you honest believe that a newborn baby is innately an evil creature?

I can't.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-02-2018, 03:19 PM

Re: Original Sin

No I can't believe that either ruthio although I do think without discipline, not physical, that children can be pretty savage little beasts.
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-02-2018, 03:30 PM

Originally Posted by ruthio ->

Sure we need to be taught right from wrong, we're not born with a rule book ~ knowing that comes with parenting and experience.

I can't.
No, I cannot believe a newborn baby could be innately evil, but then I don't believe anything that comes into this world is innately evil.
Puddle Duck
Cheshire. UK
Puddle Duck is female  Puddle Duck has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-02-2018, 03:31 PM

Which religions ?
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-02-2018, 03:32 PM

Originally Posted by Aerolor ->
No, I cannot believe a newborn baby could be innately evil, but then I don't believe anything that comes into this world is innately evil.
I'm not so sure I think wasps and spiders might !
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-02-2018, 03:36 PM

I can't.
The original sin scenario of the Bible is crazy, imo. A new born baby has a clean slate awaiting what life will throw at it. Good parenting is necessary to try to steer it in the right direction. However good their childhood experiences some people will turn out bad, that is human nature.
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-02-2018, 03:38 PM

Originally Posted by Puddle Duck ->
Which religions ?
Christianity for one, according to this, apparently as a result of the fall of man...

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Original_sin
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-02-2018, 03:43 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
I'm not so sure I think wasps and spiders might !
No, not even wasps and spiders Julie.
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK

09-02-2018, 03:51 PM

Christianity for one, according to this, apparently as a result of the fall of man...

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Original_sin
Don't you think this is all about maintaining control over others by fear. IMO original sin never did exist.

"Original sin, also called ancestral sin,[1] is the Christian doctrine of humanity's state of sin resulting from the fall of man, stemming from Adam and Eve's rebellion in Eden, namely the sin of disobedience in consuming from the tree of knowledge of good and evil".[
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK
Tpin is male  Tpin has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-02-2018, 03:58 PM

Some scientists believe there's an argument that psychopathy is inbuilt and therefore present at birth.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top