Join for free
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-06-2019, 09:08 PM

Diy sos

Anyone watching this?

I know that they always have challenging life stories, but this one made me cry. A firefighter who was injured during a blaze so he could no longer work and then his wife was diagnosed with leukaemia and died. She was so young and beautiful and left a young son.

So in perspective, the house is the least of the problems but it's falling apart, damp and in dire need of a lot of tlc. Looking forward to seeing it shiny and new. I love this programme when all the friends and neighbours help out someone in need.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-06-2019, 09:14 PM

Re: Diy sos

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
Anyone watching this?

I know that they always have challenging life stories, but this one made me cry. A firefighter who was injured during a blaze so he could no longer work and then his wife was diagnosed with leukaemia and died. She was so young and beautiful and left a young son.

So in perspective, the house is the least of the problems but it's falling apart, damp and in dire need of a lot of tlc. Looking forward to seeing it shiny and new. I love this programme when all the friends and neighbours help out someone in need.
These sort of programmes are always sad to watch and it's always the community that steps up to help out - unlike our government who are too busy helping everyone abroad.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-06-2019, 09:51 PM

Sorry it's a young daughter. They even contacted the lady who wrote "how to train a dragon" and she drew a special picture for the daughter as it was a book she found comfort in after her mum died.

The house looks amazing. If only we lived like this all the time with people helping each other.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-06-2019, 09:42 AM

Originally Posted by annies ->
sorry it's a young daughter. They even contacted the lady who wrote "how to train a dragon" and she drew a special picture for the daughter as it was a book she found comfort in after her mum died.

The house looks amazing. If only we lived like this all the time with people helping each other.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top