Join for free
Page 7 of 8 « First < 5 6 7 8 >
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-06-2019, 07:33 PM

Re: This house believes

Originally Posted by pauline3 ->
That doesn't make them "all" destructive.
I'm yet to discover one that is based on a deity that isn't! Even Christianity is so distorted by various churches, one VERY much more than the rest is positively toxic!
Pyxell
South of England
Pyxell is female  Pyxell has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-06-2019, 08:18 PM

[QUOTE=Mups;1721722][QUOTE=Pyxell;1721374]
Originally Posted by Mups ->

Ooer, how'd that happen, Pyxell? Those posts you quoted by me and Muddy are the wrong way round.

I said the top one, (post 39), and Muddy said the second one.
How odd.
Oh, and the one you quoted was me and not AT!

Gremlins!
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-06-2019, 08:20 PM

[QUOTE=Pyxell;1721810][QUOTE=Mups;1721722]
Originally Posted by Pyxell ->
Oh, and the one you quoted was me and not AT!

Gremlins!

Little blighters, aint they.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-06-2019, 12:14 AM

[QUOTE=Mups;1721811][QUOTE=Pyxell;1721810]

and there are a lot of them around!
Pyxell
South of England
Pyxell is female  Pyxell has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-06-2019, 06:29 AM

[QUOTE=Mups;1721811][QUOTE=Pyxell;1721810]

[QUOTE=Silver Tabby;1722692][QUOTE=Mups;1721811]
Originally Posted by Pyxell ->

and there are a lot of them around!
It just seems to be this thread!

It's the curse of the "This House Believes" thread!

Maybe it's a sign?

Are we all doomed? Doomed? Doomed?
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-06-2019, 11:04 AM

[QUOTE=Pyxell;1722769][QUOTE=Mups;1721811][QUOTE=Pyxell;1721810]

[QUOTE=Silver Tabby;1722692]

It just seems to be this thread!

It's the curse of the "This House Believes" thread!

Maybe it's a sign?

Are we all doomed? Doomed? Doomed?

Not DOOMED but we could be 'DOMED'

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Q8CpaejCk8
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-06-2019, 04:42 PM

Originally Posted by Lion Queen ->
It has always puzzled me why things are put on this earth to only be eaten by something else, just doesn't make any sense to me.
When you delve into ancient works and the more esoteric works you will often come across the symbology of teh Ouroborus thus:

An animal eating itself.

This is the very nature of the universe we exist in. It is constantly "eating" itself.

By this what we simply mean is that the energy in the universe is constantly transforming from one form to another.

When creatures "eat" other creatures or vegetation they are simply transforming energy. Yet they are themselves a form of that same energy.

Plants grow by transforming energy from the Earth and Sun and Water to form matter.

This is an endless process. It is the reason we can never die for we are all of us made from the same universal energy building (Lego) blocks. Everything is. Humans, animals, minerals, mountains, deserts, everything.

All forms require a constant supply of the universal energy to survive and by survive I simply mean to maintain current form.

So for us to remain in the form of humans (i.e. stay alive as we know it) we have to have a constant supply of that universal energy to replace the universal energy we are expending in just being. It requires energy to maintain form.

We age and die and get ill because we don't get enough of that universal life energy. We get small amounts of it from the things we eat and drink, we get more of it from the air we breath and from our exposure to the Sun's rays.

We don't get enough. We expend more of that energy in just staying alive (i.e. maintaining human form) than we take in. The result is inevitable. Loss of form. Death.

In this sense it doesn't matter one jot what we eat, whether it is an animal or vegetable or anything else. It's all just the same stuff, the same energy, blocks of the same Lego set. Being a Veggie is thus a bit silly imho.

We could eat the dining table if our bodies (form) were able to efficiently digest wood and extract the universal energy from it. We eat what we eat because our forms can transform the matter and extract the energy better than other sources.

The debate about what we should eat should not be an emotional one.

The debate is really about whether one form of being has more merit than another form.

Either way the universe doesn't care. It goes on endlessly consuming itself converting different forms of energy and always will.

Ultimately we are all destined to become a different form of being. We can not die. Only lose form.
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-06-2019, 05:26 PM

Originally Posted by Realist ->
When you delve into ancient works and the more esoteric works you will often come across the symbology of teh Ouroborus thus:

An animal eating itself.

This is the very nature of the universe we exist in. It is constantly "eating" itself.

By this what we simply mean is that the energy in the universe is constantly transforming from one form to another.

When creatures "eat" other creatures or vegetation they are simply transforming energy. Yet they are themselves a form of that same energy.

Plants grow by transforming energy from the Earth and Sun and Water to form matter.

This is an endless process. It is the reason we can never die for we are all of us made from the same universal energy building (Lego) blocks. Everything is. Humans, animals, minerals, mountains, deserts, everything.

All forms require a constant supply of the universal energy to survive and by survive I simply mean to maintain current form.

So for us to remain in the form of humans (i.e. stay alive as we know it) we have to have a constant supply of that universal energy to replace the universal energy we are expending in just being. It requires energy to maintain form.

We age and die and get ill because we don't get enough of that universal life energy. We get small amounts of it from the things we eat and drink, we get more of it from the air we breath and from our exposure to the Sun's rays.

We don't get enough. We expend more of that energy in just staying alive (i.e. maintaining human form) than we take in. The result is inevitable. Loss of form. Death.

In this sense it doesn't matter one jot what we eat, whether it is an animal or vegetable or anything else. It's all just the same stuff, the same energy, blocks of the same Lego set. Being a Veggie is thus a bit silly imho.

We could eat the dining table if our bodies (form) were able to efficiently digest wood and extract the universal energy from it. We eat what we eat because our forms can transform the matter and extract the energy better than other sources.

The debate about what we should eat should not be an emotional one.

The debate is really about whether one form of being has more merit than another form.

Either way the universe doesn't care. It goes on endlessly consuming itself converting different forms of energy and always will.

Ultimately we are all destined to become a different form of being. We can not die. Only lose form.
Wow real, that was one interesting read, thank you for sharing that with me. It all makes perfect sense too but I don't particularly agree about veggies being silly.

I am a firm believer we are meant to eat what grows from the ground and trees as in Genesis 1.29. Trees and plants reproduce themselves thus allowing us to access the seeds of the ruite and veg so we can grow more and more to create more energy. It's interesting that there was no instruction for humans to eat animals.
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-06-2019, 05:56 PM

Originally Posted by Lion Queen ->
Wow real, that was one interesting read, thank you for sharing that with me. It all makes perfect sense too but I don't particularly agree about veggies being silly.

I am a firm believer we are meant to eat what grows from the ground and trees as in Genesis 1.29. Trees and plants reproduce themselves thus allowing us to access the seeds of the ruite and veg so we can grow more and more to create more energy. It's interesting that there was no instruction for humans to eat animals.
I agree LQ that Realist has put it all very clearly and it
makes sense!
But l think you have got it a bit wrong when you say there
was no instruction to eat animals! There was, the instruction
was put in our DNA when we were still existing in the swamp!
and we later evolved to suit our enviroment which at that
time required us to eat anything that could enable us to
survive! All animals evolved like this each to suit their own
specific enviroment?
Perhaps Realist can correct me where l am wrong?

Best Regards Donkeyman!
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-06-2019, 06:02 PM

Pretunning takes away the pain of the knife.
In the case of a large animal such as a cow without prestunning the animal is fully conscious when its throat and windpipe muscles and tissues of the neck are cut . It takes several minutes to lose consciousness during which it is in excruciating pain .

Page 7 of 8 « First < 5 6 7 8 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top