Join for free
Page 201 of 370 « First < 101 151 191 199 200 201 202 203 211 251 301 > Last »
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-10-2018, 10:36 AM

Re: Post your daily exercise routine

Originally Posted by ruthio ->
Im a disgrace!

I sprained my ankle on the last day of my week on the Isle of Wight.
It's all Queen Victoria's fault

So no long walks for me, might make it to Pilates on Friday
Was it Queen Victoria's fault because you were here Ruthio?

ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-10-2018, 10:59 AM

That's the one Foxy!

There I was merrily walking along the grass verge and suddenly over went my ankle oowwwwwwwww!!!!
I suppose one of those nasty little hidden tree roots or something like that.
Must be 30+ years since I've sprained my ankle, I'm Very Cross about it!
The swelling has almost gone down now, but it still feels stiff and achey, I've got one of those tight white hospital stockings on which is very supportive. Very glam, not!!
Bratti
Chatterbox
Canada
Bratti is female  Bratti has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-10-2018, 12:43 PM

Way to go Queen Lion. I knew you could do it.

Ruthio.... ouch.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-10-2018, 10:55 AM

Been struggling a bit of late, hence no posts..... But Tuesday's run wasn't too bad (apart from the time) and Thursday's run was even better (including the time) so I wasn't expecting too much this morning as I set off for my last run on home turf for a week. I started off heavy legged and tired, but by the time I reached the lane I was flying. Also flying was the hundred or so Geese that caught me up looking for somewhere to splash about....I could hear them coming over a mile away with their incessant gaggling. I wish I could speak 'Goose' because I always wonder what they are talking about......

I arrived home on my last legs, as usual, but the time was only thirty seconds short of a seasons best......Thank you very much.....
It's off to Llandudno on Saturday to celebrate our 46th Wedding Anniversary, and a change of scenery while out running and walking......
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-10-2018, 05:15 PM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
Been struggling a bit of late, hence no posts..... But Tuesday's run wasn't too bad (apart from the time) and Thursday's run was even better (including the time) so I wasn't expecting too much this morning as I set off for my last run on home turf for a week. I started off heavy legged and tired, but by the time I reached the lane I was flying. Also flying was the hundred or so Geese that caught me up looking for somewhere to splash about....I could hear them coming over a mile away with their incessant gaggling. I wish I could speak 'Goose' because I always wonder what they are talking about......

I arrived home on my last legs, as usual, but the time was only thirty seconds short of a seasons best......Thank you very much.....
It's off to Llandudno on Saturday to celebrate our 46th Wedding Anniversary, and a change of scenery while out running and walking......
Congratulations for your 46th Wedding Anniversary tomorrow Bob - hope you have a lovely break in Llandudno
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire

05-10-2018, 09:51 PM

Originally Posted by Mags ->
Congratulations for your 46th Wedding Anniversary tomorrow Bob - hope you have a lovely break in Llandudno
Thanks Mags, Anniversary is on Sunday, party starts at nine, but I'll probably be in bed asleep by ten.........Haven't got the party stamina that I used to have.....
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-10-2018, 10:11 PM

Have a lovely time Foxy!
I'd love to visit Llandudno but it's a helluva way from the South and I don't know the way
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-10-2018, 04:05 AM

OGF, how nice that you two will be able to travel for your anniversary and enjoy one of your favorite destinations together. You both deserve a wonderful time and I hope it's special. Happy anniversary!

Neither you nor I have been making headlines with our running of late, but I am feeling better about my running now that the heat has finally broken to between 80 and 85 degrees. I have had to skip a few days, which is extraordinarily frustrating, but I am back to my regular schedule, which feels heavenly. I've also abandoned the muscle-burning beach runs for the trails which affords me more shade and better times.

Ruthio, I hope you are less swollen and bruised. Two years ago, I broke my elbow running the lava beds on my first day of a Hawaiian surfing vacation. There is a funny story worth telling in a few days when time affords, but it was a tremendous disappointment - and embarrassment. Ice, ice, and more ice, Ruthio!
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire

06-10-2018, 09:30 AM

Thanks Ruthio and Surfermom, No running this morning before we set of...Just as well really because it's pouring down with rain....
I think you would love Llandudno Ruthio, it's got to be the best unspoilt seafront in all of the UK, and perhaps beyond....Surrounded by the mountains of North Wales and in particular Snowdonia. Well worth the drive, with directions provided by Foxy....

You would love it also Surfermom, if you ever ventured to these shores, it would be the second most important place for you to visit..... The first would obviously be Yorkshire......

That's it for a while on the exercise thread, but if you are experiencing withdrawal symptoms from Foxy, you can still find me on Bob's Bits......
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-10-2018, 12:30 PM

Afternoon fitness freaks

Great to be catching up with all the posts in here, the thread has seen so much activity while I've been away and it's always a good sign that there's been no slacking with you all keeping fit in your various ways.

Firstly, Bob - Many congratulations on you and your wife's 46 years together. That's some doing buddy. Have a wonderful time in Llandudno, the both of you. It's a lovely part of Wales.

Suzie, Ruthio, Lion Queen et al - keep up the good work too.

We arrived back from Tenerife in the early hours. Despite some minor incidents with some family members needing to offload some tension , a good time was had by us all mostly but as far as family hols go - for my wife and myself, it's time to call it a day from now on. However, it was largely enjoyable and the little ones loved it the most, which is what a family holiday is all about isn't it?

I have returned suntanned but I took advantage of the all inclusive food and drink and I'm somewhat fattened up, which I will need to lose pronto. There was a small gym on the complex which I dabbled with a little, but it was so warm that I spent most of my time just chilling out in the pool with the kids.

This morning I have already been divising a new gym programme, which will add a full cardio routine to my programme in an effort to regain my normal weight (which going back to the routine of work next will will no doubt see me do anyway), and I intend to take it further by losing half a stone to reach 16 stones by Christmas if possible. That should see the weight coming off my belly mainly as the rest of me is still relatively unscathed by the holiday excesses!

So it will be a new programme as follows:

Tuesday: Light-moderate; 60 mins.
Thursday: Heavy; 75 mins.
Friday: High reps + Cardio; 90 mins.
Sunday: Legs; 60 mins.

As you can see this shouldn't affect my enjoyment of training but the extra light work, higher reps and cardio should see my fitness increase hopefully without affecting the muscle too much as I'll still be doing my bodybuilding work on a Thursday, one day earlier to make way for the cardio machines on Fridays. My 'legs day' will remain unchanged for Sundays.
I intend to begin this new programme on Tuesday next week, but in the meantime I'll be doing a couple of light sessions just to get me back into the swing of things tomorrow and Monday.

Keep up the good work, all

Page 201 of 370 « First < 101 151 191 199 200 201 202 203 211 251 301 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top