Join for free
Page 12 of 12 « First < 2 10 11 12
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-02-2019, 10:38 PM

Re: My allotment

Originally Posted by galty ->
I lose a lot of the winter sets only thing I can think of is I don't keep the weeds down.

Mate on the next site loses a lot less than me.

Any way I planted some more to day see how it goes.

Ps last two years have not had any white rot.

PPS Post 90 we talked about tomato blight

Oh yes, you're quite right, sorry.
Murray
New Member!
Boarders
Murray is male 

05-03-2019, 09:34 PM

I Have just taken over an allotment, within walking distance of my house its been left fallow for a number of years and boasts a very impressive amount of weeds! still to wet to start digging but maybe soon
galty
Chatterbox
rainham essex
galty is male  galty has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-03-2019, 10:59 AM

Originally Posted by Murray ->
I Have just taken over an allotment, within walking distance of my house its been left fallow for a number of years and boasts a very impressive amount of weeds! still to wet to start digging but maybe soon
Just started to dig yesterday a lot of weeds...backs killing me.

When done in next couple of days will plant carrots and beetroot

One bonus turned up a lot of small potatoes which I will have to night with my stake.
galty
Chatterbox
rainham essex
galty is male  galty has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-03-2019, 06:14 AM

OK

Digging done

Carrots and beets will be planted tomorrow.

Did clear a lot of weeds but still a lot left.

BUT

We have two hives on the allotment and was nice to watch the honey bees taking the nectar of the weeds I had left.
galty
Chatterbox
rainham essex

06-05-2019, 07:47 PM

We have two honey bee hives on the site shame can not support any more

They Like Rosemary and Comfrey flowers which I grow, which will take another month to appear.

Now me being a bit of a slob left some sprouts in from last year which went to seed and started to produce flowers.

Took a break and sat down and watched the honey bees collecting pollen of the sprouts flowers and watched the honey bee having a punch up with a bumble bee both going for the same flower(another 200 hundred next to them)

PS the honey bee won

Page 12 of 12 « First < 2 10 11 12

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top