Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-05-2019, 02:16 PM

Lari Basillio - Guitarist

You probably won't have heard of Lari Basilio, but if you like guitars being played at their most musical, then Lari is the girl for you.

I've spoken to her a few times over the years, she is super nice, but man can she play.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z6p03qPK9Ho
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK
Besoeker is male  Besoeker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-05-2019, 03:01 PM

Re: Lari Basillio - Guitarist

Originally Posted by Bread ->
You probably won't have heard of Lari Basilio, but if you like guitars being played at their most musical, then Lari is the girl for you.

I've spoken to her a few times over the years, she is super nice, but man can she play.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z6p03qPK9Ho
Excellent find!
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-05-2019, 03:08 PM

I like that a lot Bread. Rather Santana-ish I think
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-05-2019, 04:34 PM

Originally Posted by Floydy ->
I like that a lot Bread. Rather Santana-ish I think
Yeah I know what you mean.

The choice of notes when playing guitar is absolutely essential and Lari is amazing at her choices.

Another great guitarist (sadly no longer with us) was the late Alan Murphy of Go West fame.

Here he is .... fast forward to 10:48 and listen to Don't Look Down and then the solo at about 13:50 and then at the end of the song there are some crazy notes.

Oh how the world misses Alan Murphy - nobody plays like that anymore.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xtfBPIFGyok
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-05-2019, 04:44 PM

Yeah I know what you mean.

The choice of notes when playing guitar is absolutely essential and Lari is amazing at her choices.

Another great guitarist (sadly no longer with us) was the late Alan Murphy of Go West fame.

Here he is .... fast forward to 10:48 and listen to Don't Look Down and then the solo at about 13:50 and then at the end of the song there are some crazy notes.

Oh how the world misses Alan Murphy - nobody plays like that anymore.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xtfBPIFGyok
That's excellent.
I didn't know the names of those members. He is (was) good wasn't he? Joe Satriani-ish in this case.

Not a band I would have associated with excellent musicianship tbh, Bread. Bit of a random chart pop act I thought. Good to see that, thanks
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom

02-05-2019, 05:28 PM

That's excellent.
I didn't know the names of those members. He is (was) good wasn't he? Joe Satriani-ish in this case.

Not a band I would have associated with excellent musicianship tbh, Bread. Bit of a random chart pop act I thought. Good to see that, thanks
Go West started as a backing band for another artist (I can't remember his name). Peter Cox the singer is a superb keyboard player believe it or not

Alan Murphy died of AIDS in the late 80s. He worked with Level 42 and Kate Bush as well and always played with his unique style.

I saw Go West live about 2 years ago. They have a bunch of young lads playing with them now, it's amazing to see such talent still coming through.
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere

02-05-2019, 09:52 PM

Go West started as a backing band for another artist (I can't remember his name). Peter Cox the singer is a superb keyboard player believe it or not

Alan Murphy died of AIDS in the late 80s. He worked with Level 42 and Kate Bush as well and always played with his unique style.

I saw Go West live about 2 years ago. They have a bunch of young lads playing with them now, it's amazing to see such talent still coming through.
I'm really pleased you started this thread actually, Bread for three reasons:
1. You've introduced me to that wonderful guitarist, Lari Bassillio. I'll keep an eye on her and see if she's doing any gigs in the future. Slim chance but you never know.
2. Go West likewise. I'd pop and see them if they turn up in my nect of the woods.
3. I look at you in a different light. Nice to see you have more interests than Brexit

Honestly, good thread mate
Psmith
melbourne australia
Psmith is male  Psmith has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-05-2019, 01:49 AM

I liked Lari too.
80's music is not for me
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom

03-05-2019, 09:05 AM

I'm really pleased you started this thread actually, Bread for three reasons:
1. You've introduced me to that wonderful guitarist, Lari Bassillio. I'll keep an eye on her and see if she's doing any gigs in the future. Slim chance but you never know.
2. Go West likewise. I'd pop and see them if they turn up in my nect of the woods.
3. I look at you in a different light. Nice to see you have more interests than Brexit

Honestly, good thread mate
Ha ha yeah I am a bit obsessed with Brexit ...

Music has been my life for god knows how long. Always played guitar since I was a kid, probably the one thing that stopped me going off the rails in my younger days. My son is a drummer, he is is a fully qualified session musician and got his grade 8 trinity guilds when he was 15. He is a real prodigy and plays with us sometimes.

Don't rule out Nile Rogers as one of the best guitarists in the world though. He pretty much invented funk (with KC of KCand the Sunshine Band fame) and is credited on more songs you can shake a stick at.

Here is me making a right pigs ear of "Thinking of You" by Sister Sledge

It's harder than you think....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZYIg-9Snpjo
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom

03-05-2019, 09:10 AM

Here is another one.... some noodling in the studio a few months ago.

Got a bit of a Van Halen thing going on.... that weird stare was me reading my emails on the laptop ha ha ... ooh I'm so rock and roll

This time with the black "dog hair" Musician Luke 3 guitar.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3zoW0bUWiAc

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top