Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-05-2019, 09:31 AM

Re: Lari Basillio - Guitarist

Here is another classic guitarist.

About 10 years ago nobody had ever heard of Guthrie Govan, from Chelmsford in Essex.

Here he is at the TC Electronic booth at NAMM demonstrating a G System (I had one of these !).

My guitar tutor went to the same college to study guitar with him. He said he would go "missing" for weeks on end then when asked when he returned he would just say something like "oh sorry, I was on tour in Japan"...

Gotta love Guthrie

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=THN_bpf4VRA
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-05-2019, 09:39 AM

I grew up in the North East (Stockton-On-Tees) and worked in my friends recording studio for a couple of years.

Back then, I was a mere beginner on guitar and every so often my mate Kev Smith used to come in to practise, record and rehearse and we would have the odd jam session in the practise room.

At 19 I would say Kev was the best guitarist in the country. I still think he is one of the most musical, talented players on the planet and has a musical style all of his own.

When Kev played in the studio all he could see were my other friends faces pressed up against the glass, listening to the most amazing playing we had ever heard.

Kev still lives in Stockton and teaches guitar to those lucky enough to get to know him.

I still almost cry when I hear this - you will simply love it.

It's an instrumental composition written by him.

Here is Kev Smith, someone I hung around with and hope to do again soon.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ck0eIQkrLfU
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-05-2019, 02:00 PM

Originally Posted by Bread ->
I grew up in the North East (Stockton-On-Tees) and worked in my friends recording studio for a couple of years.

Back then, I was a mere beginner on guitar and every so often my mate Kev Smith used to come in to practise, record and rehearse and we would have the odd jam session in the practise room.

At 19 I would say Kev was the best guitarist in the country. I still think he is one of the most musical, talented players on the planet and has a musical style all of his own.

When Kev played in the studio all he could see were my other friends faces pressed up against the glass, listening to the most amazing playing we had ever heard.

Kev still lives in Stockton and teaches guitar to those lucky enough to get to know him.

I still almost cry when I hear this - you will simply love it.

It's an instrumental composition written by him.

Here is Kev Smith, someone I hung around with and hope to do again soon.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ck0eIQkrLfU
That's superb Bread. Isn't it great to see some of our local heroes who should have made it big, but didn't.
Like in my Mick Ronson appreciation elsewhere on here, those guys are simply too good to be unsung
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom

04-05-2019, 07:09 PM

Originally Posted by Floydy ->
That's superb Bread. Isn't it great to see some of our local heroes who should have made it big, but didn't.
Like in my Mick Ronson appreciation elsewhere on here, those guys are simply too good to be unsung
I agree, there's just so many Floydy.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top