Join for free
Page 2 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
Right Now
upstate New York US
Right Now is female  Right Now has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-08-2019, 08:41 PM

Re: Vitamin Supplements

I have taken a multi vitamin tablet every single day since I was 20, and I have stayed very healthy with no major problems at all. Hardly ever get a cold, never had the flu, no diseases.....

That being said, I also eat my fruits and veggies, some meats, and exercise when I can, nothing in a gym, though.

So far, it's working for me. So, yes, I would say that extra pill everyday was worth taking. But only the multivitamin, no extras.
HealthyLivingSoul
New Member!
USA
HealthyLivingSoul is female 

05-03-2020, 05:18 PM

I had a blood test done and the only thing my doctor recommended me was to take D-vitamins. I personally feel much better taking them everyday, especially during the winter time.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-03-2020, 09:36 PM

No - I do not take supplements - just rely on eating fresh healthy food. Not doing too badly so far - never had 'flu, haven't even had a cold for over 30 years!
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-03-2020, 09:57 PM

I have taken a multi vitamin for quite a few years now, I love vegetables but I'm not a big fruit eater, other than an apple every day. I try and get lots of sun on my body for the vitamin D, when it's available that is....

It's difficult to say if it's done me any good, suffice to say I run at least five miles most days and have done for the last forty odd years.

Who knows, perhaps I wouldn't be here if I hadn't taken one...
Bocephus
Canada
Bocephus is male 

10-03-2020, 02:35 AM

I've often wondered the same thing. I am currently taking a multivitamin coupled with Vitamin B Complex tablet daily. Most people will say that you get most of your essential vitamins in the food you eat, but what if someone eats legendary amounts of junk food? Me being one of them. I'm eating a Kit Kat right now.

I'm not a nutritionist, but a lot of today's foods have so much crap in them, you never know what the hell is in there. Just my thoughts.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-03-2020, 05:46 PM

Originally Posted by Bocephus ->
I've often wondered the same thing. I am currently taking a multivitamin coupled with Vitamin B Complex tablet daily. Most people will say that you get most of your essential vitamins in the food you eat, but what if someone eats legendary amounts of junk food? Me being one of them. I'm eating a Kit Kat right now.

I'm not a nutritionist, but a lot of today's foods have so much crap in them, you never know what the hell is in there. Just my thoughts.
Because most of our food is transported over great distances I believe in an attempt to make it look fresh and survive the journey, who knows what chemicals and preservatives have been added Bocephus.

Is it any wonder it doesn't taste a bit like the home grown produce we had in our younger day.
Bocephus
Canada
Bocephus is male 

11-03-2020, 03:23 AM

Hello OldGreyFox.

You make a good point. I never thought of it that way.
EZ Rider
Chatterbox
Surrey
EZ Rider is male  EZ Rider has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-03-2020, 07:27 PM

I remember some years ago being told by somebody, forget who, not to eat anything that had E number additives. No longer possible really as pretty much everything in packets, boxes or cans has a large amount of E numbers.
union
New Member!
Belfast
union is male 

25-03-2020, 10:40 PM

look,let's be realistic.nobody eats a balanced diet.everyone is different and you may find yourself deficient in certain vitamins.I don't go out in the sun,so I'll be defficient in vitamin D.if you take vitamin tablets it would be hard to feel an immediate response.take them,they won't harm you,and before anyone criticises me,I worked 10 years in Food Chemistry.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire

25-03-2020, 10:51 PM

Originally Posted by union ->
look,let's be realistic.nobody eats a balanced diet.everyone is different and you may find yourself deficient in certain vitamins.I don't go out in the sun,so I'll be defficient in vitamin D.if you take vitamin tablets it would be hard to feel an immediate response.take them,they won't harm you,and before anyone criticises me,I worked 10 years in Food Chemistry.
A handy bloke to know union, and welcome to the forum....

Page 2 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top