Join for free
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Pyxell
South of England
Pyxell is female  Pyxell has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-05-2019, 01:24 PM

Re: Two-Way Family Favourites.

Don't forget the theme tune!

"With a song in my heart".......,

eccles
South West
eccles is female  eccles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-05-2019, 02:04 PM

"What's the weather like in Cologne, Cliff?"
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-05-2019, 10:02 PM

Pesta
Chatterbox
North of the South UK
Pesta is female  Pesta has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-05-2019, 11:14 PM

Originally Posted by Judd ->
Those were the days - listening to two-way family favourites while mum, was getting the Sunday dinner ready, and listening to the messages from service men and women posted abroad on the BFPO system.
I can even smell the Sunday roast cooking

And, somewhere around Family Favourites time, Jimmy Clitheroe was on too! Anyone remember the Clitheroe Kid?

Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-05-2019, 11:20 PM

Originally Posted by Pesta ->
I can even smell the Sunday roast cooking

And, somewhere around Family Favourites time, Jimmy Clitheroe was on too! Anyone remember the Clitheroe Kid?

Aye, Jimmy Clitheroe and his sister's daft boyfriend Alfie who was inclined to stutter at the slightest thing.

Also used to like (and still do ), Around the Horn - a bit risqué for the day but they managed to get it past the Beeb's censors mainly because the Beeb didn't understand the innuendo and double meaning.
Pesta
Chatterbox
North of the South UK
Pesta is female  Pesta has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-05-2019, 11:26 PM

Originally Posted by Judd ->
Aye, Jimmy Clitheroe and his sister's daft boyfriend Alfie who was inclined to stutter at the slightest thing.

Also used to like (and still do ), Around the Horn - a bit risqué for the day but they managed to get it past the Beeb's censors mainly because the Beeb didn't understand the innuendo and double meaning.
Strange, yes, I remember the name Around the Horn, but can't remember anything else about it. I've just had a quick Google and it didn't nudge my memory banks any further. I can only assume if it was a bit risque, dad must have switched it off
Psmith
melbourne australia
Psmith is male  Psmith has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-05-2019, 12:58 AM

You could open the back door in our street and hear it coming from every house.I had the impression that Billy Cotton followed it.
Round the Horn is still really very good,it's on UTube.
Pyxell
South of England
Pyxell is female  Pyxell has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-05-2019, 06:01 AM

Originally Posted by Pesta ->
Strange, yes, I remember the name Around the Horn, but can't remember anything else about it. I've just had a quick Google and it didn't nudge my memory banks any further. I can only assume if it was a bit risque, dad must have switched it off
There were a lot of Polari words used, which the censors didn't understand!

I listened to Round the Horne as a child, but obviously didn't get any of the references. I just laughed because the studio audience were laughing, plus they spoke in funny voices a lot of the time.
Pyxell
South of England

27-05-2019, 06:30 AM

Can anyone remember the names of the British bases in Germany that used to feature on the programme?

I've done a lot of googling, but can't find any, and not remembering is annoying me!

Some of the places sounded quite glamorous to young ears!
longfellow
Chatterbox
Penthouse in Essex overlooking the Thames.
longfellow is male  longfellow has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-05-2019, 08:17 AM

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top