Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-05-2019, 02:14 PM

I'm So Hungry !!!

LOL, I don't know what's wrong with me today. Have you ever been so hungry, you could eat a horse!
I did without breakfast this morning as have eight for Sunday lunch so was busy making two mammoth Shepherd Pies this morning. (didn't bother with a roast today) but wish I had now so I could nick a roast potato or something!

Now they are slowly browning in the oven. I can see them both, their pretty little piped potato peaks slowly browning, just in time to let them stand for 10 minutes before everyone sits down. Groan, the aroma of those Shepherds Pies are driving me mad! I hope everyone arrives on time as I am so hungry, it's so unlike me, I will have to ensure that everyone is able to have two generous helpings if they want, but that means serving everyone first and then, and only then, will I cut a smallish, respectable sized piece from the dish for me. (if I haven't passed out from hunger first!) .

I only hope my rumbling tummy doesn't embarrass me before I can eat!

Have you ever been cooking for others or waiting to eat at someone else's invite, and been so hungry you cannot concentrate properly?

Isn't it ridiculous?
Rhian
Chatterbox
North Wales
Rhian is female  Rhian has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-05-2019, 02:38 PM

Re: I'm So Hungry !!!

Yes i have regularly SG
Often at work I will "forget" to eat if I'm busy over lunch break
And then when I'm swimming it'll hit me how hungry I am.

Your pies will taste divine though, once you tuck in
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-05-2019, 02:48 PM

Have a cracker and a glass of red that will solve the problem
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-05-2019, 02:50 PM

Hi

I am on steroids at the moment, I am permanently hungry.
Rhian
Chatterbox
North Wales
Rhian is female  Rhian has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-05-2019, 02:50 PM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
The wine will go straight to her head Muddy!!
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-05-2019, 03:06 PM

Originally Posted by shropshiregirl ->
LOL, I don't know what's wrong with me today. Have you ever been so hungry, you could eat a horse!
I did without breakfast this morning as have eight for Sunday lunch so was busy making two mammoth Shepherd Pies this morning. (didn't bother with a roast today) but wish I had now so I could nick a roast potato or something!

Now they are slowly browning in the oven. I can see them both, their pretty little piped potato peaks slowly browning, just in time to let them stand for 10 minutes before everyone sits down. Groan, the aroma of those Shepherds Pies are driving me mad! I hope everyone arrives on time as I am so hungry, it's so unlike me, I will have to ensure that everyone is able to have two generous helpings if they want, but that means serving everyone first and then, and only then, will I cut a smallish, respectable sized piece from the dish for me. (if I haven't passed out from hunger first!) .

I only hope my rumbling tummy doesn't embarrass me before I can eat!

Have you ever been cooking for others or waiting to eat at someone else's invite, and been so hungry you cannot concentrate properly?

Isn't it ridiculous?

Easily resolved darlin' I always keep a packet of plain chocolate digestives in my fridge and nibble on a few of those if I happen to get too hungry to wait for my meal.

Your experience earlier today will teach you, NEVER to skip breakfast in future !!!
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-05-2019, 03:10 PM

About two years ago Mrs. F and I were invited to my niece's wedding just outside of Scarborough. It was at a very posh hotel and was very lavish, no expense spared as sadly her father had recently passed away and her mother gave her daughter the most lovely wedding imaginable.

For the guests though it dragged on so long it was almost turning everyone into zombies. The drinks in the bar beforehand went on for two hours but I was driving so could only have a pint. Bored stiff, we had to stand up as there were no seats left.
We moved into the wedding area itself and that took a further hour. Then the lunch began but before that were the speeches by every man and his dog and I was sat next to an old woman who kept talking about the TV series 'Doctors' over and over again.

Anyway after over five hours they finally said it was time to eat, but can you believe it - it was table by table to the carvery and we were the last one to be called up. Six hours and finally I had some roast beef and veggies and wolfed them down along with most of my plate and cutlery. never been so famished in all my life!

The dinner dance came afterwards when I decided that I was desperate for a drink and we left the car there overnight and got a taxi back to our hotel in Scarborough. I certainly made up for the boredom by letting my hair down at the disco!

SSG - I bet your lunch was worth waiting for!
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-05-2019, 05:42 PM

Originally Posted by Rhian ->
Yes i have regularly SG
Often at work I will "forget" to eat if I'm busy over lunch break
And then when I'm swimming it'll hit me how hungry I am.

Your pies will taste divine though, once you tuck in
That reminded me of when I was working Rhian, I was locked into a Bank vault room floor with another colleague, as was the norm. There was a nice state of the art microwave to use in the outer room to heat up food for our lunch-break if we were staying put for the lunchtime break, I was so busy that morning 20 minutes of my break had passed before I even took the tin of soup out of my bag, ready to heat in the microwave and enjoy with a dry wholemeal roll which I fully intended to dip into my tomato soup!

Hello! the ruddy microwave chose that very day to go on the blink. There was my colleague finishing off her lovely ham and tomato sandwiches and there was me with a dry wholemeal roll and cold tomato soup. yuk! I just couldn't be bothered to eat it, but my goodness, all the commuting way home (which seemed to take foreeeeeever!) I was absolutely starving. I really tucked into my dinner that evening, Anyone watching me would have thought me a right greedy guts the way I ploughed through that meal.

So I know exactly how you feel. been there, done that.
And yes thankyou, I thoroughly enjoyed both helpings of Shepherd's Pie in the end. Thanks.
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire

26-05-2019, 05:46 PM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
Maybe I should have Muddy, only problem is that I never eat between meals, and if I had had a glass of red wine on my empty tum, I would have ended up draped over the table.
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire

26-05-2019, 05:47 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

I am on steroids at the moment, I am permanently hungry.
Poor you Swimmy, I've thankfully never had to be on steroids as yet, the ruddy water tablets are bad enough!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top