Join for free
Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
Pyxell
South of England
Pyxell is female  Pyxell has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-05-2019, 06:03 AM

Re: Alexa

There was stuff on the news about Alexa employees listening in to people.
Apparently they could hear people saying things like their bank details, and other very private stuff.

I wouldn't touch one with a bargepole.

It's bad enough when Siri suddenly starts talking garbage due to voices on the TV setting him off.

Yes, 'him'!

All this talk about female voices being used........ Siri has the option of a male or female voice.
susan m
DORSET UK
susan m is female  susan m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-05-2019, 07:41 AM

I like my alexa , she reminds me to do things . I asked her to add potatoes to my shopping list so she added toast and toes !

I dont care who listens into my home , i only talk to myself . I dont pay prime for music streaming i listen to the radio stations.
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-05-2019, 10:00 AM

no problem here either we don't have one!!!

Got no idea what you have to do either to set it up. Such as having to have the internet or not using thru a computer- add it to the home network- switch it on/off- how it is powered - how close it has to be to work - preprogram or not etc.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-05-2019, 10:39 AM

You do know that by having Alexa and other smart bits of kit in your lounge that you are inviting the whole world access to your private life.....Just Like Gogglebox....

No way!....
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-05-2019, 10:46 AM

Originally Posted by susan m ->
I like my alexa , she reminds me to do things . I asked her to add potatoes to my shopping list so she added toast and toes !

I dont care who listens into my home , i only talk to myself . I dont pay prime for music streaming i listen to the radio stations.
Toast and toes ..

Still giggling here
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-05-2019, 10:53 AM

Hi

I have Google, not Alexa.

Great Fun
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-05-2019, 11:50 AM

Can't be bothered with one, someone/thing else for me to argue with..
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-05-2019, 12:15 PM

A friend of mine has one, he also has an answering machine. I'm planning on ringing when I know he is out and asking Alexa to play 'Bob the Builder' over and over ay volume 10.

susan m
DORSET UK
susan m is female  susan m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-05-2019, 01:34 PM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
You do know that by having Alexa and other smart bits of kit in your lounge that you are inviting the whole world access to your private life.....Just Like Gogglebox....

No way!....

OGF , ive applied for gogglebox , but they dont seem to want me .
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-05-2019, 01:34 PM

I don't think I want one, creepy is what they are.
Not sure what they do but I don't want to hear voices that aren't imaginary.

Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top