Join for free
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 > Last »
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-05-2016, 04:23 PM

People want their heads seeing too ...

I watched a programme last night about a chap looking for a dog for his three young daughters . As they lived in a flat they had to have a small child friendly dog . After extensive research and advice form the dog expert they settle on a cava poo ( half cavalier spaniel and half poodle -in short a cross bred from a breeder who lived 150 miles away.

For this he paid £900

I remember my first dog given to me free of charge .
It was half lab half border collie and the most intelligent dog ever .
Now it would no doubt cost me a packet .
And someone I know had the infuriated owner of a Labrador bitch on their doorstep . Her amorous standard poodle had unfortunately had his way with the blokes dog and she had produced a litter of beautiful labradoodles. Today he would be counting his winnings not bemoaning his bitches predicament and theatening to sue.

To pay £900 for a little fluff dog seems absoute lunacy to me .
I have had many dogs in my life most have been rescued from poor circumstance I have never bought one and they have all been loving good dogs .

I really think people need their heads seeing too.
malcolm
Chatterbox
UK
malcolm is male  malcolm has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-05-2016, 04:32 PM

Re: People want their heads seeing too ...

I live on a country lane on the outskirts of a village.
Every day people walk by my house in a seemingly never ending stream with one, two, three or even four dogs.....every shape, size and breed or crossbreed, I have developed a mild hatred of dogs over the years and think that all dog owners should have their heads examined !
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-05-2016, 04:35 PM

That is a lot of money for a cross breed, hopefully it will be money well spent though as they may get well over that amount of love and fun with their little companion.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-05-2016, 04:38 PM

Does love and affection cost £900?
Most puppies give their love and affection for nothing.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-05-2016, 04:56 PM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
Does love and affection cost £900?
Most puppies give their love and affection for nothing.
Not necessarily but having spent over £500 on each of our two I don't feel I can really throw stones.
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-05-2016, 05:00 PM

When we first started to show our dogs literally for fun, i was horrified about the sums of money changing hands for dogs, plus the lengths owners went to to win at all costs.

Dogs such as Cockerpoos were once called mongrels, now they are designer dogs.
Pumicestone
Australia
Pumicestone is male  Pumicestone has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-05-2016, 05:04 PM

Find (or breed) dogs which hunt and eat CATS and the protectors of native wildlife should pay people heaps to own and maintain them.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-05-2016, 05:22 PM

Originally Posted by Nom ->
When we first started to show our dogs literally for fun, i was horrified about the sums of money changing hands for dogs, plus the lengths owners went to to win at all costs.

Oi, don't forget Brown Dog is a Cockerpoo.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-05-2016, 05:31 PM

Hi

£900 for a cross breed just does not make sense.

Only ever had one Pedigree, a Flat Coat Retriever.

Rescue dogs for me, when I move it will be a rescue beagle.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK

17-05-2016, 05:32 PM

Originally Posted by Nom ->

Correct.
And there is nothing at all wrong with mongrels .
Just the craziness of fashion.
These dogs are bred by the greedy for the gullible .

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top