Join for free
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-01-2013, 04:51 PM

Big Mac

I see John McCririck (Big Mac) is to sue channel 4 for £3 claiming he was dismissed for being too old. Love him or hate him McCririck knows what he's talking about when it comes to horses, he's a fountain of knowledge and I love the Man, but that's neither here nor there, he's 72 and I think it's time to hang up his lips, he says this will be a sort of test case for the older people, do you think 72 is too old to be working in this day and age, It'll be interesting to see the outcome.
Alan Cooke
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire, UK
Alan Cooke is male  Alan Cooke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-01-2013, 05:06 PM

Re: Big Mac

I can't stand the man - he's uncouth !
The Dog Lover
Watford
The Dog Lover is female  The Dog Lover has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-01-2013, 05:11 PM

I think he is a good old British eccentric and he certainly knows his subject but yes I do think he should retire now. No-one should be working in their 70s in my view.
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-01-2013, 05:14 PM

Originally Posted by Alan Cooke ->
I can't stand the man - he's uncouth !
I know how you feel Alan, the wife is the same, she detests the sight of him, especially after she seen him in his underpants on 'Big Brother'.
warleyron
Warley, Essex UK
warleyron is male  warleyron has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-01-2013, 06:20 PM

Originally Posted by Jem ->
I see John McCririck (Big Mac) is to sue channel 4 for £3 claiming he was dismissed for being too old. Love him or hate him McCririck knows what he's talking about when it comes to horses, he's a fountain of knowledge and I love the Man, but that's neither here nor there, he's 72 and I think it's time to hang up his lips, he says this will be a sort of test case for the older people, do you think 72 is too old to be working in this day and age, It'll be interesting to see the outcome.
£3 million and I think he's past his sell by date

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top