Join for free
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-03-2013, 10:16 PM

Can it happen again? (but worse)

The global strategist at Morgan Stanley, Gerard Minack (the bloke that predicted the GFC) has said that because the underlying problems of debt have not been properly addressed the same could happen again but because interest rates are now so low he fears depression will be the result.

Read it and weep

Or listen to it here
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-03-2013, 10:37 PM

Re: Can it happen again? (but worse)

Christ Bruce, I'm weeping already, don't rub it in mate.
Annie Jack
Ontario, Canada
Annie Jack is female  Annie Jack has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-03-2013, 12:00 AM

Just a matter of time before we find ourselves in a depression, isn't it?
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-03-2013, 10:51 AM

Originally Posted by Annie Jack ->
Just a matter of time before we find ourselves in a depression, isn't it?
I certainly hope not. It could be triggered by a run on the banks caused by something as simple as the levy on bank deposits in Cyprus. The consequences are frightening for everybody especially for those living in Europe but no one would be unaffected.
Annie Jack
Ontario, Canada
Annie Jack is female  Annie Jack has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-03-2013, 02:50 PM

I'm not an economist nor do I fully grasp the implications. What I see daily is people living beyond their means, maxing out their credit cards and lines of credit, indulging themselves without a thought to the future. Financial institutions and insurance companies create and promote products to claw more money out of our pockets and give us the means to get in over our heads. Big business is out for big profits. It can't all keep spiraling upward forever, can it? Entire countries can go bankrupt. Debt is quoted in trillions of dollars. Boggles the mind.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top