Join for free
Deb W
Hereford
Deb W is female  Deb W has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-08-2016, 10:02 AM

Three daughters and their father

A father told his 3 daughters when he sent them to college: "I feel it's my duty to provide you with the best possible education, and you do not owe me anything for that. However, I want you to appreciate it. As a token, please each put $1,000 into my coffin when I die.”

And so it happened, one became a doctor, one a lawyer, and one a financial planner, each very financially successful. When their father's time had come, and they saw their father in the coffin, they remembered his wish.

First, it was the doctor who put 20 newly printed, crisp $50 notes onto the chest of her dead father.

Then came the financial planner, who also placed $1,000 in cash there.

Finally, it was the heartbroken lawyer's turn. She dipped into her purse, took out her chequebook, wrote a cheque for $3,000, placed it into her father's coffin, and took the $2,000 cash.

She is now running for President of the United States.
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-08-2016, 10:47 AM

Re: Three daughters and their father

Clever!

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top