Join for free
Page 12 of 34 « First < 2 10 11 12 13 14 22 > Last »
Myra
Chatterbox
my wee toon
Myra is female  Myra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-03-2015, 07:25 PM

Re: Cliff Richard

[QUOTE=sparrowbjn;620312]We CAN preach innocent until proven guilty ESP on a matter like this. Are you in favour of miscarriage of justice? I am not, because that is what might happen if we even hint at a person being guilty when he or she has NOT been charged, NOT arrested - not even been in court. Not even a verdict. But I see that we have to compare to Rolf again, but he WAS guily, so that is only fair that he gets a sentence.

Would you have liked it to happen to the people I mentioned before who were innocent, but most people probably said that since it was a delicate matter, they might be guilty. No, no - it is innocent until proven guilty. At least in Denmark. I will never understand how people can jump on the bandwagon and suggest that we have to consider they are guilty, because we do not. I would NOT like to be accused of a crime I did not commit.

Teachers are being falsely accused all of the time - I used to know a PE teacher who was falsely accused and there were the snide comments that he was probably guilty - it turned out he was innocent too. She had made it all up

Odd thing is in Denmark we still listen to Gary Glitter, Jonathan King and Phil Spector. The latter was convicted of murder, but that i because it is the art form we are listening to. I know someone would be offended, but I love music.

I love gossip and find it amusing that people believe that Barbados does not have extradition treaty with the UK!! The UK and Barbados have bilateral extration treaty with the UK because it is part of the Commonwealth. Cliff was seen in November with a red passport (UK passport) - if he was a Barbados citizen it would have been blue. He resides in Barbados. Maybe he can apply for dual citizenship. He had better sit tight and I hope he has a memory that goes back 30 years. It is awful to think about it - but a lot of witnesses who can tell us where Cliff was at this and time might be dead - but then again that might be the whole idea. I rest my case.[/QUO

God love you from Danmark, or is it Denmark? You are such a loyal fan. Good luck to you and hope your celebrity is innocent for you
sparrowbjn
Europe
sparrowbjn is female 

04-03-2015, 07:27 PM

Originally Posted by Patsy ->
[/B]
Good post .....
Of course we can preach innocent until proven guilty. Murder must be even worse - a person has lost his life - and it is STILL innocent until proven guilty. You might think he did it, but you donīt KNOW it. So yes, esp. in matters like these you can abide to innocent until proven guilty. Do you believe in guilty until proven innocent? That can be impossible because the alleged incident is said to have happend 30 years ago - althogh there are brochures from the event.

I know rape is a delicate matter too, but at least you have some kind of physical evidence from the man who did it. I donīt think there is any physical evidence from 1985. Maybe Cliff has kept a diary
Cass
NL
Cass is female  Cass has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-03-2015, 07:30 PM

I watched a debate on tv yesterday (while ironing) about trying to seperate the man from the artist..
They talked about a band where one man has been convicted of abuse and the rest now suffer because of it.

I think that both sides should remain anonymous until the case has taken place and in cases where there is proof that the so called victim lied they should be prosecuted for perjury and making false allegations.

There is too much trial by media in the UK most people have made up their minds long before things get to court and the damage for the accused is life long even if they are 100% innocent.

The fault here lies not with the people but with the legal system and the media.. Your wrath may be better served in a letter to them?
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-03-2015, 07:32 PM

Originally Posted by sparrowbjn ->
Of course we can preach innocent until proven guilty. Murder must be even worse - a person has lost his life - and it is STILL innocent until proven guilty. You might think he did it, but you donīt KNOW it. So yes, esp. in matters like these you can abide to innocent until proven guilty. Do you believe in guilty until proven innocent? That can be impossible because the alleged incident is said to have happend 30 years ago - althogh there are brochures from the event.

I know rape is a delicate matter too, but at least you have some kind of physical evidence from the man who did it. I donīt think there is any physical evidence from 1985. Maybe Cliff has kept a diary
Whatever you're on - I don't want it
I have not said Cliff is guilty - but I wont listen to 'fans' telling me their reasons why he 'is innocent' !
We don't bloomin know yet do we ......
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-03-2015, 07:34 PM

Originally Posted by Cass ->
I watched a debate on tv yesterday (while ironing) about trying to seperate the man from the artist..
They talked about a band where one man has been convicted of abuse and the rest now suffer because of it.

I think that both sides should remain anonymous until the case has taken place and in cases where there is proof that the so called victim lied they should be prosecuted for perjury and making false allegations.

There is too much trial by media in the UK most people have made up their minds long before things get to court and the damage for the accused is life long even if they are 100% innocent.

The fault here lies not with the people but with the legal system and the media.. Your wrath may be better served in a letter to them?
I don't like what the media says with regards to these cases, writing a letter will solve nothing
If someone has made up their mind in relation to Cliff, whether he's guilty or not - then they're idiots ......
Myra
Chatterbox
my wee toon
Myra is female  Myra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-03-2015, 07:46 PM

Cliff is a follower of God and the Lord will keep him going. Being a follower one assumes he will not have committed abusive acts. Only time will tell.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK

04-03-2015, 07:48 PM

Originally Posted by Myra ->
Cliff is a follower of God and the Lord will keep him going. Being a follower one assumes he will not have committed abusive acts. Only time will tell.
Maybe the priests and countless other churchgoers were just pulling the wool - huh ? Masking the abuse they dished out ...
sparrowbjn
Europe
sparrowbjn is female 

04-03-2015, 07:51 PM

Originally Posted by Patsy ->
Whatever you're on - I don't want it
I have not said Cliff is guilty - but I wont listen to 'fans' telling me their reasons why he 'is innocent' !
We don't bloomin know yet do we ......
Once you have watched a person being falsely accused - or watched the movie "The Hunt" you will maybe understand what I am on It is like - if 20 people falsely accuse an innocent man - does that make the man guilty? No, it makes him innocent until proven guilty - or we can say that I blooming have the right to believe in guilty until proven innocent - which is what has happend to a lot of innocent celebrities - there are many more. Those cases should never have happened - if it wasnīt for the Saville case - anyone can come up with an allegation - and the SYP is the most incompetent police force I have ever heard of in my whole life. The Rotherham case speaks volume or Hillsborough.

In "The Hunt" there was one false allegation, but once the teathers started talking about symptoms - a lot of kids felt like they had been abused. That really scared me - it happens - but because I am a woman and because I only witnessed it in my childhood I have lived a sheltered life - and I am not arrogant, but I donīt like jumping on any bandwagon - at all.

How about comparing Cliffīs case to Michael Jackson. I think that is what a lot of Danes have done, because not that many are familiar with Jimmy Saville anyway. That case was difficult too, but at least it was happening in the present - and because some of scared of coming forward doesnīt mean everyone is. Well, the BBC has a lot to answer for!
Myra
Chatterbox
my wee toon

04-03-2015, 07:54 PM

Sparrow, I'm sorry you've suddenly joined here and felt you had to defend yourself and Cliff. Maybe more posts on other threads will give us more of an essence about you
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK

04-03-2015, 07:54 PM

Originally Posted by sparrowbjn ->
Once you have watched a person being falsely accused - or watched the movie "The Hunt" you will maybe understand what I am on It is like - if 20 people falsely accuse an innocent man - does that make the man guilty? No, it makes him innocent until proven guilty - or we can say that I blooming have the right to believe in guilty until proven innocent - which is what has happend to a lot of innocent celebrities - there are many more. Those cases should never have happened - if it wasnīt for the Saville case - anyone can come up with an allegation - and the SYP is the most incompetent police force I have ever heard of in my whole life. The Rotherham case speaks volume or Hillsborough.

In "The Hunt" there was one false allegation, but once the teathers started talking about symptoms - a lot of kids felt like they had been abused. That really scared me - it happens - but because I am a woman and because I only witnessed it in my childhood I have lived a sheltered life - and I am not arrogant, but I donīt like jumping on any bandwagon - at all.

How about comparing Cliffīs case to Michael Jackson. I think that is what a lot of Danes have done, because not that many are familiar with Jimmy Saville anyway. That case was difficult too, but at least it was happening in the present - and because some of scared of coming forward doesnīt mean everyone is. Well, the BBC has a lot to answer for!
I don't need to watch a movie called the Hunt - I give meself more credit than that. I watch real life cases of false arrests so I am well aware how traumatic that is - just as abuse is.
Its the media you need to contact, you're wasting your time with me as you shed no further light on what I already know - thank you

Page 12 of 34 « First < 2 10 11 12 13 14 22 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top