Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Mollie
Chatterbox
Wigan in Lancashire
Mollie is female  Mollie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-07-2013, 12:47 AM

Yahoo

Is anybody else having this problem?

I can read messages sent to me and I can click onto Reply but, when I do that, a message comes up saying that it can read the message sent to me but won't upload, so I can't reply.

Also, nothing happens if I click onto the Spam, Sent, and I can't delete new messages.

'Tis a mystery so any thoughts would be very much appreciated.

I have NOT altered any settings, incidentally.
ben-varrey
Chatterbox
UK
ben-varrey is female  ben-varrey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-07-2013, 10:26 AM

Re: Yahoo

Yahoo is my main email address and I've had it since the whole emailing thing began but I've not had the problems you've stated. I've had odd things with it crashing, suddenly running very slow but that's all.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-07-2013, 10:30 AM

Yes the problems started a few weeks ago for me I have abandoned the email account and now just use Hotmail account as the yahoo team seemed unable to fix the problem. The problem BTW they tell me is incompatibility with latest windows updates.
Janela
Fondly Remembered
Essex UK
Janela is female  Janela has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-07-2013, 10:38 AM

I'm having similar problems Mollie .. seems to have started when they changed to the new email. What aggravated me was that I couldn't change back!
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-07-2013, 11:46 AM

I've got problems too! I can get to my inbox but it won't let me open e-mails,most of the time, very rarely can I look at spam to see if anything slipped in there my mistake. Having trouble getting onto Google Chrome too have to click on icon several times or sneak in through something else!
But then it's all easier than trying to open anything on Hotmail!
MKJ
Chatterbox
UK
MKJ is male  MKJ has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-07-2013, 01:05 PM

Originally Posted by Mollie ->
Is anybody else having this problem?

I can read messages sent to me and I can click onto Reply but, when I do that, a message comes up saying that it can read the message sent to me but won't upload, so I can't reply.

Also, nothing happens if I click onto the Spam, Sent, and I can't delete new messages.

'Tis a mystery so any thoughts would be very much appreciated.

I have NOT altered any settings, incidentally.
I had something similar to this recently when using Firefox. I disabled all my addons and then was able to view my emails correctly. If you are using Firefox might be worth trying.
Mollie
Chatterbox
Wigan in Lancashire
Mollie is female  Mollie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-07-2013, 05:48 PM

Thanks for the replies folks. At least I know it's not just me now.

Strangely enough whilst at work today I signed into my Yahoo account and managed to delete from there, although we both use IE.

I'm patient so I hope they fettle it soon but, in the meantime, I'll stick with one of my hotmail addresses.
hazel
Lancashire U.K.
hazel is female  hazel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-07-2013, 06:49 PM

I lost my internet every night last week between 8/9-11/12pm. Don't know whether any connection there.
Mollie
Chatterbox
Wigan in Lancashire

25-08-2013, 01:11 AM

Just an update on this. It would seem that if you're using an old IE then Yahoo is now incompatible. I'm not sure what I'm on to be honest, but I think you need to be on IE8 or above, otherwise Yahoo won't work.

I can't afford an upgrade so Yahoo will just have to Yahoo off!
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-08-2013, 04:44 AM

Originally Posted by Mollie ->
Just an update on this. It would seem that if you're using an old IE then Yahoo is now incompatible. I'm not sure what I'm on to be honest, but I think you need to be on IE8 or above, otherwise Yahoo won't work.

I can't afford an upgrade so Yahoo will just have to Yahoo off!
What do you mean you can't afford an update? it is free, gratis, bucksheesh, complimentary, costless, gratuitous.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top