Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Jimmy
Lancashire
Jimmy is male  Jimmy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-09-2013, 02:25 PM

Re: Spam emails

101 spam e-mails!!!...that's a lot, you must have done something wrong to get so many, I hardly get any at all.
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-09-2013, 09:47 PM

There's another 28 in there now! By the time I check the inbox by desk or laptop tomorrow, I imagine it will be back in the 100 range.
AliceB
Cheshire
AliceB is female  AliceB has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-09-2013, 12:06 AM

I am plagued with pay day loans, PIP advice and bingo sites - I've never had nor wanted a connection with any of these. I left my 'spam' box uncleared for two days just to see how many I'd get - 102! Ok, it's easy enough to delete them, but it irritates me to be the target of such rubbish.

Gwyn
Mollie
Chatterbox
Wigan in Lancashire
Mollie is female  Mollie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-09-2013, 12:20 AM

I never get any because I have an excellent spam blocker on my email provider.

The only way you can get so much spam is if you provide your email address to people you don't really know.

I did start getting quite a few on my Yahoo but that was because someone I thought was a friend started to send my email address to hundreds of outside influences and they still come through, although I don't use Yahoo any longer because my IE won't support it.

My best advice is never to give your email address to anyone unless you trust them implicity because that is private information so, if you put your email on any website or forum for all to see, then you're inviting trouble.

If that happens, create a new email address and only let those that you trust i.e. family and genuine friends, know about it.

Stay safe folks, otherwise you could inadvertently click on something and cause a lot of trouble for yourselves, like a virus or malware.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top