Join for free
Westie
London, UK
Westie is male 

16-11-2011, 04:17 PM

Green Lipped Mussel

I've said it before and I'll say it again ... green lipped mussel is a miracle worker!

If your dog or cat is getting stiff joints, a capsule of Green Lipped Mussel in their food will work wonders.
Bridie
northants
Bridie is female  Bridie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-11-2011, 04:21 PM

Re: Green Lipped Mussel

Thats really good to know, hadnt heard that one. Does the size of the dog make a difference. I have a large 9 year old boxer who is very stiff and creaky, would one capsule be enough?
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-11-2011, 05:00 PM

Works for people too, I take it for my osteoarthritis as well as glucosamine/chondroitin.
maryl
UK
maryl is female  maryl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-11-2011, 05:15 PM

Yes this does work. My border collie used to take Glyco-Flex 111 (the strongest) which contains green lipped mussel for his osteoarthritis, it is listed as Perna Mussel. He took half a tablet daily with meals.
marpaul
North Cumbria
marpaul is female  marpaul has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-11-2011, 12:45 AM

Originally Posted by Westie ->
I've said it before and I'll say it again ... green lipped mussel is a miracle worker!

If your dog or cat is getting stiff joints, a capsule of Green Lipped Mussel in their food will work wonders.
Would you say it was better than Glucosamin? I've been giving Flexicose to my two girls and haven't noticed any difference but don't want to stop just in case?

Have tried green lipped mussel before but think it was only a very small amount mixed in with other stuff.

Can you please let us have some background info on the dog you've given it to. I've been looking on the internet and think I will get some!

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top