Join for free
Page 45 of 55 « First < 35 43 44 45 46 47 > Last »
Robert Junior
Chatterbox
UK
Robert Junior is male  Robert Junior has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-02-2016, 08:19 PM

Re: Gumbud Leisurely Scribbles (part 4)

My Uncle Vivian v the Apaches
I should say my great great great uncle Vivian, for it was he, who fought on both sides during the mid eighteenth century; that is to say for the apache & against the apache Indians in Eastern Arizona & Sonora & Chihuahua. How he found himself in this area & in this conflict has been forgotten or not mentioned ever in the family.
Vivian was fluent in all the languages & dialects of the Great Plains Indian tribe’s peoples. He was also familiar with their customs how was it that he had heap good knowledge of all their customs & culture? It has been forgotten or not mentioned ever in the family.
He had an Indian wife long before he married twin Hottentots sisters in Namibia whilst posing as a Mormon minister. He confessed to trigamy to the sisters whilst getting emotional about his sudden leaving of his Indian wife. One of his encounters with an Indian chief was his downfall for he mistakenly referred to the chief as “Bum face” which translates very badly in the Apache language. Too offensive to print here.
Relating this to his Hottentots wives didn’t go down too well either . You will surely be familiar with the enlarged derrieres of this race. Gloria, the elder of the sisters demanded to know what happened with the insulted Indian chief.
“Well Pamela “Uncle Vivian couldn’t tell the twins apart
”Those pesky indians killed me, and that’s the goldarn truth
Pug
Chatterbox
East Anglia,UK
Pug is male  Pug has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-02-2016, 09:22 PM

Thing is,RJ,you have a good and valid point,re your g-g-g Uncle Viv,coz at one point in the early 90's, I did one season driving road-trains from Darwin to Perth. The local lads were real diamonds and took me under their wing,so-to-speak. One of the drivers was true Aborigini-and a better bloke I've yet to meet. He had a knack of getting the sheep to actually WANT to walk onto the step-frame trailers and he could load three trailers-each one a triple decker,in the time it took me to fight/force/plead with/entice/drive my load onto ONE trailer. He told me how he did it-he spoke to them,using a form of ululation...and it worked! He also could light a fire in sand [there was a LOT of sand] AND he would walk off into the distance when we all stopped for the night and invariably return with a dead thing for the pot. I say 'dead thing' as often I had no idea wtf it was-but the other lads were happy to chow down,so I joined in...and never regretted it. But,of that whole season,and all the laughs/insults/rubbish we slung at each other over the cb radios,the one thing that sticks in my mind is the sign at the side of the dirt road as we left the fuelling depot just outside Darwin docks. It said "Next fuel and food-two days".
I do have a photo of that sign,I'll try to find it and post it. But Arbi [the Aborigini gent's name-well,the name he answered to-once said to me,regarding being bitten by venomous reptiles/bugs/etc, "Don't you worry none,white boy. If you wake up dead,I'll let you know".
Good of him to reassure me in such selfless fashion.....
Robert Junior
Chatterbox
UK
Robert Junior is male  Robert Junior has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-02-2016, 10:25 PM

Pug. You have led an eventful life big time. Most of mine is in my head.
Robert Junior
Chatterbox
UK

13-02-2016, 10:32 PM

BTW.

I have connections with OZ.

My dad's sister had a son, dead now & he made a fortune after emigrating from the UK & dealing in metal & ore in OZ

HIs family now live on the GOld Coast.
My dad's oldest brother retired from the Metropolitan police aged 50, moved to PERTH, where he lived to be 98, still playing cards & bowls. He died peacefully in his sleep whilst having his regular afternoon nap, sat in his favourite chair.
Way to go.

He must be one of the very few men who spent more years in retirement than in work. 35 years work & 48 years in retirement
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-02-2016, 10:41 PM

See, adrenaline junkies, every couple of months or so do a Bungee Jump or something similar, every day, back on the Estate was filled with adrenaline rushes, Fight or Flight and all that, a Bungee Jump would have been a welcome respite.
Pug
Chatterbox
East Anglia,UK
Pug is male  Pug has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-02-2016, 03:26 AM

Nah-I did enough jumps in uniform,so there is no way,not even for charridy,that I'm dangling under a bridge for fun. Fun can be had by sneaking into RJ's garden,climbing the tree outside his bedroom-and watching him dance to Lady Gaga while wearing the gimp mask & pink plastic corsets.
[sometimes,he even wears the heels too-but shhhh-that's a secret]
Robert Junior
Chatterbox
UK

14-02-2016, 11:25 AM

Originally Posted by Pug ->
Nah-I did enough jumps in uniform,so there is no way,not even for charridy,that I'm dangling under a bridge for fun. Fun can be had by sneaking into RJ's garden,climbing the tree outside his bedroom-and watching him dance to Lady Gaga while wearing the gimp mask & pink plastic corsets.
[sometimes,he even wears the heels too-but shhhh-that's a secret]
Gimp ?
Gimp?
I wouldn't be seen dead in anything so common, vulgar & dreary as gimp. Anyway Haberdashers only use it for upholstery, affixing it with metal tacks. Petersham braid might do it though I wouldn't go as far as tassles.
Pug
Chatterbox
East Anglia,UK

14-02-2016, 11:55 AM

Ah-my mistake.

But you still haven't explained the custom-made nipple clamps?...
solo
UK
solo is female  solo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-02-2016, 12:07 PM

Does he have to and if so could you wait until after I have had my elevenses...no...make thay my twelveses .
Robert Junior
Chatterbox
UK

14-02-2016, 03:02 PM

Originally Posted by Pug ->
Ah-my mistake.

But you still haven't explained the custom-made nipple clamps?...
You have a hidden cultural streak of great quality, dear boy..

I am gobsmacked that you recognised the nipple clamps. Would it surprise you if I revealed my everyday pair as being hand made by THREADGOLDS THOROUGH GRIP of THATCHAM, makers of top quality garterettes. I bought in my callow youth, their diamante encrusted bicycle clips, but they tended to discolour after removing them one particularly stressful day unsuccessfully managing to persuade a titled Lady to get FELT on the haberdashery section in GRACE BROTHERS. She just wouldn't accept that on soft furnishings we only sold Green Baize.
Madame, the Lady de la Nougerede caused a further stir in the delicattessen when she asked if she could try a little tongue in cyder to see if she liked it.

Page 45 of 55 « First < 35 43 44 45 46 47 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top