Join for free
Page 33 of 35 « First < 23 31 32 33 34 35 >
Zaphod
Lincs UK
Zaphod is male  Zaphod has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-03-2021, 05:41 PM

Re: Misled Over Brexit ? Certainly Looks That way !

Originally Posted by Bread ->
Farage didn't leave because of the potential of Reform UK though.
The official reason direct from Farage himself:

“Now's the moment for me to say I've knocked on my last door. I'm going to step down as the leader of Reform UK. I'll have no executive position at all. I'm quite happy to have an honorary one, but party politics, campaigning, being involved in elections, that is now over for me because I've achieved the one thing I set out to do: to achieve the independence of the UK.
https://www.telegraph.co.uk/politics...cs-time-means/
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-03-2021, 06:23 PM

Originally Posted by Zaphod ->
The official reason direct from Farage himself:

“Now's the moment for me to say I've knocked on my last door. I'm going to step down as the leader of Reform UK. I'll have no executive position at all. I'm quite happy to have an honorary one, but party politics, campaigning, being involved in elections, that is now over for me because I've achieved the one thing I set out to do: to achieve the independence of the UK.
https://www.telegraph.co.uk/politics...cs-time-means/
He didn't leave because of the potential of the reform party though did he.

Reforms manifesto is more to do with getting rid of the House of Lords and stopping China buying up UK schools etc. They are a new party and haven't campaigned yet in a election.
Zaphod
Lincs UK
Zaphod is male  Zaphod has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-03-2021, 08:09 PM

He didn't leave because of the potential of the reform party though did he.
As if he's going to publicly state the bleedin' obvious, but his words as I quoted them very clearly suggest exactly what I have said.

And yet even before this resignation there are those in here who insisted that Reform would soon reign supreme since to them Brexit was allegedly some sort of BRINO and Farage was going to ride to their rescue like a knight on a charger and save their day!
That dream didn't last long.
Why?
Simple: because Nigel knows there is no hope of that possibility.
That's why he's resorting to doing paid-for Cameo videos for his fans at £63-75 a pop instead, there's more money in that for him nowadays.

Reforms manifesto is more to do with getting rid of the House of Lords and stopping China buying up UK schools etc. They are a new party and haven't campaigned yet in a election.
Their campaigning isn't going to be anything like as effective as it would have been with Nigel at the helm though, is it?
He was/is a darned good cmapiagner that gets results.

Theres a cross-party group of MP's to do pretty much the things you're suggesting so there's no need for a political party (as by his actions Farage realises only too well), because that's what this group who are growing in size and in influence are after.
https://www.electoral-reform.org.uk/who-we-are/

Plus the so-called Common Sense Group of Tory MP's are said to be also growing in strength with a large number of MP's and some Lords in their cohort, with the aim of doing what their name suggests and injecting some of that characteristic into proceedings as well as becoming a successor to the ERG group.

But none of this has much to do with being misled over Brexit, whereas Farage's relinquishing any opportunity to take advantage if people thought they had indeed been misled does.
It confirms what I have been suggesting for some time, namely that whilst not perfect Brexit has indeed been executed as far as is reasonably possible.
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-03-2021, 09:30 PM

As if he's going to publicly state the bleedin' obvious, but his words as I quoted them very clearly suggest exactly what I have said.

And yet even before this resignation there are those in here who insisted that Reform would soon reign supreme since to them Brexit was allegedly some sort of BRINO and Farage was going to ride to their rescue like a knight on a charger and save their day!
That dream didn't last long.
Why?
Simple: because Nigel knows there is no hope of that possibility.
That's why he's resorting to doing paid-for Cameo videos for his fans at £63-75 a pop instead, there's more money in that for him nowadays.

Their campaigning isn't going to be anything like as effective as it would have been with Nigel at the helm though, is it?
He was/is a darned good cmapiagner that gets results.

Theres a cross-party group of MP's to do pretty much the things you're suggesting so there's no need for a political party (as by his actions Farage realises only too well), because that's what this group who are growing in size and in influence are after.
https://www.electoral-reform.org.uk/who-we-are/

Plus the so-called Common Sense Group of Tory MP's are said to be also growing in strength with a large number of MP's and some Lords in their cohort, with the aim of doing what their name suggests and injecting some of that characteristic into proceedings as well as becoming a successor to the ERG group.

But none of this has much to do with being misled over Brexit, whereas Farage's relinquishing any opportunity to take advantage if people thought they had indeed been misled does.
It confirms what I have been suggesting for some time, namely that whilst not perfect Brexit has indeed been executed as far as is reasonably possible.

What Farage does is his business. He has said why he is leaving politics and now you seem to think he is wrong as well and there is some weird underlying conspiracy theory behind it and its because somehow he agrees with you.

How absurd is that ? Do you really think your empowered to talk on behalf of Nigel Farage now ?

Tice just launched his tax agenda... nothing to do with Brexit anymore, I got the email earlier.

Your making things up again

Here's some more whinging and whining to cheer you up

https://www.express.co.uk/comment/ex...ndustry-supert
Banchory
Kent
Banchory is male  Banchory has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-03-2021, 09:12 AM

"Mr Redwood reiterated why he was happy and hopeful about the UK moving forward without EU influence.

He said: "The big decline in our fishing industry, over our years in the EU, was one of the worst consequences.

"It should now be possible to reverse that because we do have the freedom to provide grants and loans to buy fishing vessels and support businesses."

https://www.express.co.uk/news/polit...ohn-Redwood-vn

Redwood conveniently ignores the principal reason for the decline of the U.K. fishing fleet was the 3rd cod war

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.y...-1807045%3famp
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-03-2021, 12:05 PM

Originally Posted by Banchory ->
Redwood conveniently ignores the principal reason for the decline of the U.K. fishing fleet was the 3rd cod war

That was a very interesting link you posted Bachory, but whilst the
cod wars may have STARTED the decline of British fishing,
unfortunately for UK, immediately after the cod wars, we joined
the EU, and in the process of joining we agreed to join the CFP !!
Whilst at the beginning it was ok, over time the EU reduced UK
quotas and applied other restriction as well to further aggravate
the situation!
This was done slowly , almost by stealth, and at the same time as
increasing EU vessels quotas and extending their territory etc?
Which brings us to the present situation of flags of convenience/
swapped & sold quotas/ non fishermen obtaining quotas in order
to sell for profit etc,etc !!
The only way to sort this mess out is for us to assert our legal rights
and stop all fishing in our waters while we set up a our own system
of fishing regulations and start controlling the issueing of licences
ourselves ??

Donkeyman! 🤔🤔🤔
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-03-2021, 12:22 PM

Originally Posted by Donkeyman ->
That was a very interesting link you posted Bachory, but whilst the
cod wars may have STARTED the decline of British fishing,
unfortunately for UK, immediately after the cod wars, we joined
the EU, and in the process of joining we agreed to join the CFP !!
Whilst at the beginning it was ok, over time the EU reduced UK
quotas and applied other restriction as well to further aggravate
the situation!

This was done slowly , almost by stealth, and at the same time as
increasing EU vessels quotas and extending their territory etc?
Which brings us to the present situation of flags of convenience/
swapped & sold quotas/ non fishermen obtaining quotas in order
to sell for profit etc,etc !!
The only way to sort this mess out is for us to assert our legal rights
and stop all fishing in our waters while we set up a our own system
of fishing regulations and start controlling the issueing of licences
ourselves ??
I completely agree.

The root cause of our misfortunes and the partial destruction of our once-proud country was the traitor Heath. (I find it embarrassing that he was an organist!)
More recently, we have had Coward Cameron and Treason May both of whom have worked for the benefit of a foreign power.
All three, incidentally, Conservatives!

Now we have Boris. Who knows? Will he restore what we once had over 40 years ago?

So far, it appears not. But let's be generous and give him a little longer to sort himself out. Sooner or later, he's going to have to decide on whose side he is really on.

We shall see.
Zaphod
Lincs UK

11-03-2021, 12:38 PM

What Farage does is his business. He has said why he is leaving politics and now you seem to think he is wrong as well and there is some weird underlying conspiracy theory behind it and its because somehow he agrees with you.

How absurd is that ? Do you really think your empowered to talk on behalf of Nigel Farage now ?

Tice just launched his tax agenda... nothing to do with Brexit anymore, I got the email earlier.

Your making things up again

Here's some more whinging and whining to cheer you up

https://www.express.co.uk/comment/ex...ndustry-supert
The truth hit home, obviously.

Don't attribute to me things that I have not said and I won't call you what doing that makes you which is a liar; is that fair?
I did not say that I think Farage was wrong, read it again.
I didn't say that I was talking on Nigel's behalf either but don't let a little thing like honesty stop you.

This whole forum is based upon people voicing their opinions and I can do that just the same as you do but there's no need to blatantly twist what is said and turn them into lies just to try and further your own delusional agenda.

Instead of whinging and thinking up more malicious comments after finding that you're left up the creek without a paddle because the party you hoped would win seats stands about as much chance of doing so as The Monster Raving Loony Party does, you might try looking at the bigger picture by pulling your eyes and thoughts away from fish and a bloke called Nigel.

"Britain is set for a brighter economic future and the EU can't bear it"

"A malignant seed of jealousy towards the United Kingdom is growing in continental Europe and it isn’t hard to understand why.

Britain is on course to outperform the EU in the immediate post-Brexit period and the contrast in our fortunes is going to become more and more obvious in the second half of this year.

Boris Johnson may be getting berated for refusing to increase the pace of his tortoise-like trudge out of lockdown, but compared to the EU club that the UK has left behind we are strapped to rocket boosters and sporting go-faster stripes.

Don’t just take my word for it, it is also the verdict of the Organisation for Economic Cooperation and Development (OECD), which has just upgraded our growth forecast for this year by almost a full percentage point. Though the OECD expects all developed economies to benefit from a vaccine effect, its latest bulletin this week will come as a dagger to the heart of Brussels."

"Anyone seeking an explanation for all the sleights and hostility emanating towards Britain from Brussels, Berlin and Paris in recent weeks need look no further. The European Commission and the governments of Germany and France will all be painfully aware of where things are headed: us getting back to normal and benefiting from freeing-up a “coiled spring” economy, while they are stuck on the nursery slopes of mass vaccination and still implementing prosperity-destroying Covid-control measures."

Yes, that pretty much sums it up.
As said in other places in these forums (and even though you strangely seem to hate people agreeing with my opinions) it looks increasingly like the EU's actions are going to at the very least severely curtail their ambitions and at worst cause significant damage which could threaten the entire union.
Do you feel sorry for them?
I doubt that many people do.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/politics...-eu-cant-bear/

Yes it's subscription-only but there is a free trial period for anybody so inclined, otherwise the snippets posted above give the general idea.
Zaphod
Lincs UK

11-03-2021, 12:40 PM

Originally Posted by Banchory ->

No.
As already mentioned, the EU's CFP exacerbated the decline.
Zaphod
Lincs UK

11-03-2021, 12:44 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
I completely agree.

The root cause of our misfortunes and the partial destruction of our once-proud country was the traitor Heath. (I find it embarrassing that he was an organist!)
More recently, we have had Coward Cameron and Treason May both of whom have worked for the benefit of a foreign power.
All three, incidentally, Conservatives!

Now we have Boris. Who knows? Will he restore what we once had over 40 years ago?

So far, it appears not. But let's be generous and give him a little longer to sort himself out. Sooner or later, he's going to have to decide on whose side he is really on.

We shall see.
I might not entirely agree with your surmise regarding Boris and Brexit but that aside you are absolutely correct; time will tell.

Surely it cannot trundle on and on indefinitely?
Either the EU accepts the pushbacks Frost & co. are making and they ratify the agreement or they don't, but I cannot realistically see how any major Brexit-related difficulties could carry on beyond that point.
Minor ones certainly and probably for years, but major disagreements?

Page 33 of 35 « First < 23 31 32 33 34 35 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top