Join for free
Page 4 of 5 « First < 2 3 4 5 >
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-05-2019, 01:12 PM

Re: British Steel? Timing?

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
I don't know the full history of this business but when you pay £1 its to create a legal contract during a transfer of ownership. You must have financial consideration. It's not the only such deal in recent years and it's often been done between private companies where a business is failing.

I think people are reading too much into it. The global situation is such that our steel industry will never be viable in such a climate.
£1 to create a legal contract?
What lawyers were they using Annie?
Most lawyers l have come across charge fees based on the
value of the contract, and would not handle anything that
was not worth their while!
There's something rotten in the state of Denmark!

Regards Donkeyman!
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-05-2019, 01:37 PM

Originally Posted by Donkeyman ->
£1 to create a legal contract?
What lawyers were they using Annie?
Most lawyers l have come across charge fees based on the
value of the contract, and would not handle anything that
was not worth their while!
There's something rotten in the state of Denmark!

Regards Donkeyman!

The legal fees aren't going to be billed in the contract value. Its just a legal formality. When you transfer property at nil cost you would do the same sort of contract. It's not a dodgy deal.
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-05-2019, 02:25 PM

It's very difficult to comment too much about the British Steel situation for fear of causing legal problems for the owner and support staff of this forum.

There is precedence in this area.

I'll leave it as that I'm firmly with Donkeyman.
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-05-2019, 04:44 PM

The legal fees aren't going to be billed in the contract value. Its just a legal formality. When you transfer property at nil cost you would do the same sort of contract. It's not a dodgy deal.
Could'nt be anything to do with transfer of liability concerning
pension funds then Annie could it?

Regards Donkeyman!
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-05-2019, 05:07 PM

Originally Posted by The Artful Todger ->
It's very difficult to comment too much about the British Steel situation for fear of causing legal problems for the owner and support staff of this forum.

There is precedence in this area.

I'll leave it as that I'm firmly with Donkeyman.
Hi

I am also firmly with Donkeyman.

However I have posted nothing that is not in the Public Domain already and this Forum has nothing to fear at all.

I am not that stupid, everything I have posted is from official documents and Greybull have no action against anyone here.

There is much, much, worse being posted on Civil Service Forums.

They have the inside knowledge, I don't, I just know where to look on Publicly filed documents.

Putting it bluntly, a tight fisted Northerner, I am not going to be putting any of my Pensions at risk.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-05-2019, 05:30 PM

Whatever politics are behind this, sales for £1 are not unusual with a failing business. Homebase, BHS, Chelsea FC, among others. This recognises the vast investment outlay that's needed to bring it back as a going concern. It's a legal formality.

This is an industry sector that has always been plagued with difficulty.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom

23-05-2019, 05:31 PM

Originally Posted by Donkeyman ->
Could'nt be anything to do with transfer of liability concerning
pension funds then Annie could it?

Regards Donkeyman!
It forms a solid contract so transfers all assets and liabilities including pensions. But it's a red herring.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-05-2019, 05:34 PM

Whatever politics are behind this, sales for £1 are not unusual with a failing business. Homebase, BHS, Chelsea FC, among others. This recognises the vast investment outlay that's needed to bring it back as a going concern. It's a legal formality.

This is an industry sector that has always been plagued with difficulty.
Hi

AnnieS.

I think that you are as straight as a die and absolutely genuine in your beliefs.

I also think that you are totally wrong.

Many do not have the same principles that you do.
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom

23-05-2019, 06:09 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

AnnieS.

I think that you are as straight as a die and absolutely genuine in your beliefs.

I endorse that Swimmy!

Regards Donkeyman!
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom

23-05-2019, 06:09 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

AnnieS.

Swim i am very much incorruptible as a professional. It makes life easier not to get mucky. But i am totally aware of what goes on and it will all come out in the wash. I just hope the government doesn't try to go for the rescue this time.

Page 4 of 5 « First < 2 3 4 5 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top