Join for free
Page 9 of 13 « First < 7 8 9 10 11 > Last »
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-04-2021, 01:18 PM

Re: Brexit set free james dyson

Originally Posted by Solasch ->
What a country! Dependent on the whims and goodwill of a few rich, instead of the government to care for their citizens.
But in a country where a footballer tells the pm how to feed poor school kids, it is no wonder the foorball club's owners think they can rule the country.
We aren't a communist regime like the EU. The Netherlands is the welfare state for Poland, you should move there, you will get more free handouts.
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-04-2021, 01:31 PM

Originally Posted by Bread ->
We aren't a communist regime like the EU. The Netherlands is the welfare state for Poland, you should move there, you will get more free handouts.
Whatever happened to: it is more blessed to give than to receive
I truly believe in that.
Zaphod
Lincs UK
Zaphod is male  Zaphod has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-04-2021, 01:40 PM

I truly believe in that.
From the tweets upon arrival of British help to India it looks like many Indians do, like we do.
Where's the EU's support for a country in such dire need?
You might believe it but it looks like your union doesn't, as per my post in the "Brussels needs Britain" thread down below too.
It looks like you need to join a different club.
Germany
7779311 is male  7779311 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-04-2021, 01:44 PM

What a country! Dependent on the whims and goodwill of a few rich, instead of the government to care for their citizens.
But in a country where a footballer tells the pm how to feed poor school kids, it is no wonder the foorball club's owners think they can rule the country.
You should take into account, that it consumes quite some time to practice distraction and whataboutism when being asked questions, eg during PMQs. That does not leave too much time for care work.
Distraction and whataboutism is common here too I find...

This is also common in German politics btw.
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-04-2021, 01:49 PM

Originally Posted by 7779311 ->
You should take into account, that it consumes quite some time to practice distraction and whataboutism when being asked questions, eg during PMQs. That does not leave too much time for care work.

The better leaders are women. They have wealthy husbands so are not dependent on loans from richer people to redecorate their houses. Compare the mansion of the Von der leyen family and the humble abode of boris.
Zaphod
Lincs UK
Zaphod is male  Zaphod has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-04-2021, 01:53 PM

Originally Posted by 7779311 ->

And it has nothing whatsoever to do with this thread!
Do at least try to keep an appearance of complying with rules.
That's how the entire EU works, you know.
By giving the impression of doing something rather than of actually doing it.

Dyson is right though, look:
Lifting lockdown brings surge of activity for UK companies - PMI

https://www.reuters.com/world/uk/lif...mi-2021-04-23/

Post-Brexit and as our economy re-opens after lockdown there's a "deluge" of new orders for UK industry.
It's a far cry from the severe recession that we were warned would result from leaving the EU.
Germany
7779311 is male  7779311 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-04-2021, 01:53 PM

The better leaders are women. They have wealthy husbands so are not dependent on loans from richer people to redecorate their houses. Compare the mansion of the Von der leyen family and the humble abode of boris.
You could be right about the leadership. I remember reading about research about success of companies lead by women, most were more successful than those lead by men. However I don't remember the exact details.

Well we had a couple of scandals in Germany about politicians (men) being in trouble because of loans for their private houses...

(Help, I am being off-topic again. Will I be banned?)
Zaphod
Lincs UK

27-04-2021, 01:58 PM

More companies "set free" by Brexit :

UK logistics groups buoyed by Brexit
https://www.ft.com/content/16dbb10a-...e-32f0c8935169
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-04-2021, 01:59 PM

I truly believe in that.
It was a great idea in 1999 so you thought when you started introducing the Euro.

Now you have mutualised debt and a zombie economy going into recession, with Portugal, Spain, Greece and Italy unable to pay Germany the 1 Trillion they owe it.

#deathspiral
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands

27-04-2021, 02:06 PM

Originally Posted by Bread ->
It was a great idea in 1999 so you thought when you started introducing the Euro.

Now you have mutualised debt and a zombie economy going into recession, with Portugal, Spain, Greece and Italy unable to pay Germany the 1 Trillion they owe it.

#deathspiral
In the EU there is a battle cry: wir schaffen das!

Page 9 of 13 « First < 7 8 9 10 11 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top