Join for free
Page 6 of 13 « First < 4 5 6 7 8 > Last »
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-09-2015, 11:55 PM

Re: A bit of a low mood tonight . . .

Originally Posted by Meg ->
Mups have you ever tried TT , gentle massage is usually appreciated by dogs.
http://www.ttouch.com/howtodoTTouch.shtml
I do one and a quarter circles using only gentle pressure.
Anther thing which might help is heat, a hot water bottle wrapped in a towel of a hot pack (held in place for a few moments never left with Nellie around).

That's interesting Meg, I've never heard of TT before but I often do the 1 and a quarter circle with finger on the top of Cassie's head. She's always been a nervous cat and whilst doing this movement I can see and feel the relaxation in her and see it in her eyes.
orangutan
Chatterbox
Another world
orangutan is female  orangutan has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-10-2015, 11:35 PM

How are you and Pip doing tonight? x
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-10-2015, 11:56 PM

She is still holding on. If her legs ache, or she starts swaying about when she is eating her dinner, I let her go to bed and feed her the rest there.
She still has her appetite, but it just takes her longer to finish now.

She has a very special menu nowadays, with a good variety of different flavours to keep her interested. She is fed twice daily, but I'm thinking 3 smaller meals instead might be easier for her.

I have got so much admiration for that old girl, the way she copes with her life now. She has never got grumpy when in pain, she is still the sweet natured old soul she's always been.
Thanks for asking. X
Cat woman
Romsey
Cat woman is female 

09-10-2015, 10:42 AM

I'm so sorry Mups I know how you feel we lost 3 cats and I absolutely hate the journey knowing it's going to happen. bUt you have too , can she go on suffering, she can't talk. But you will know when the time is right.
Our little cat Alfie was 4yrs old his way of telling us was ignoring us hiding away. He had cancer I took him to a healer but he had enough. Heartbreaking . If you need to talk I'm here X
Red Kite
Red Kite is female 

09-10-2015, 04:03 PM

((((((Mups))))))
what a lovely and caring person you are
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-10-2015, 10:38 PM

Cat Woman and Red Kite, thankyou both so much for your good wishes, you are good people, and I appreciate it. x
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire

13-11-2015, 07:42 PM

Problems again.

My Pips was 'not herself' yesterday, and today she was worse.
She had me up at 2.30 this morning, and again at 5.30 am with diarrhea. "Not again", I thought to myself, I've only just got Izzy better.
Anyway, because of her great age (17 & half) I phoned the vet for advice and he left some medication out for me to collect, as he knows she is so frightened of going to the surgery.
Within half hour of taking the first pill, she was sick. This continued. I was worried about her losing fluid both ends and me unable to replace it because she was refusing water. Phoned vet again for advice. They said to take her in.
I know she feels very poorly because for the first time in her life she wasn't shaking and scared at the vets, she just layed on his table.

I had to make a decision whether to risk stressing her out by leaving her there for a drip, or taking her home and her getting worse overnight.

In the end, I said let her try the drip and see how she goes. He has promised to ring me at 9 pm tonight. He said if she is very stressed, he will advise me, and I'd best go and collect her.

So here I am, after that horrid journey home with an empty space next to me in the car, anxiously waiting for that phone call.
I am terrified she will die in the kennels on her own. I want to bring her home, but I know she needs the drip.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-11-2015, 07:45 PM

Oh Mups - so sorry
Try not to think on those lines, when you are so ill you just don't care where you are, she is probably very tired anyway
Please don't be thinking those negative thoughts, you are doing the best for her Xx
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-11-2015, 07:47 PM

Oh dear Mups so sorry to hear Pips is unwell again. It must be so worrying for you - I do hope the phone call from the Vet at 9:00pm will be reassuring news.

Big *hugs* to you... x
Aysa
Chatterbox
UK
Aysa is female  Aysa has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-11-2015, 07:53 PM

Big hugs to you Mups

Page 6 of 13 « First < 4 5 6 7 8 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top