Join for free
Page 6 of 8 « First < 4 5 6 7 8 >
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-05-2020, 04:59 PM

Re: Freedom on Wednesday next (updated C19 rules)

Originally Posted by Barry ->
Can't you really work that one out for yourself? Not been reading the papers?
That is insufficient. Nowhere has it been described how to recognise a dangerous situation to be aware of, or what to do if one is encountered.
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-05-2020, 04:59 PM

Stay alert = use your common sense.
I'm not quite sure why some aren't getting it
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-05-2020, 05:05 PM

Originally Posted by Lion Queen ->
Stay alert = use your common sense.
I'm not quite sure why some aren't getting it
But alert for WHAT?
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-05-2020, 05:10 PM

Originally Posted by Tiffany ->
Why couldn't you do that anyway, I thought that would be classed as personal exercise?
My personal exercise has to be walking with the dog every morning, but we are all off to the beach this evening, they know too as they saw me putting the tack into the trailer a wee while ago. They've been pacing and restless ever since, making a bit of a racket too. Lol.
scot37
Aberdeenshire
scot37 is male  scot37 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-05-2020, 05:33 PM

Originally Posted by The Artful Todger ->
That is insufficient. Nowhere has it been described how to recognise a dangerous situation to be aware of, or what to do if one is encountered.
Common sense really. For instance if I saw someone approaching coughing into a tissue I would give them a wide berth. Also if I had to travel in public transport I would probably wear a face mask to cover nose and mouth. Just be alert. Simple really.
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-05-2020, 05:48 PM

Originally Posted by scot37 ->
Common sense really. For instance if I saw someone approaching coughing into a tissue I would give them a wide berth. Also if I had to travel in public transport I would probably wear a face mask to cover nose and mouth. Just be alert. Simple really.
So true, it's not bloody difficult!
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-05-2020, 05:48 PM

Funny how Kier Starmer said he would go to Brussels and negotiate a better Brexit deal than Boris Johnson, bring it back to the UK where he would have a second referendum and then vote against his deal in order to stay in the EU.

The remaining left fully understood that.

But when you say "stay alert" in the biggest pandemic since the second world war, after 6+ weeks of lockdown, social distancing, hand washing, queuing up at supermarkets etc ..... ermmmm you got em there Boris

For an educated nation, people are surprisingly confused ...
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-05-2020, 05:49 PM

Originally Posted by The Artful Todger ->
The issue here Is that there is no indication of precisely what to be alert for and how to recognise it if it were present.

Can one see it? Smell it? Feel it? Hear it? In short how to recognise its presence

It's analogous to putting a sign on the entry of a containment vessel of an atomic reactor reading "hazardous area - remain alert" but no mention of the nature of the hazard or what would indicate the presence of an unsafe situation arising.
You really need your hand holding then don't you..
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts

11-05-2020, 05:52 PM

Originally Posted by Bread ->
Funny how Kier Starmer said he would go to Brussels and negotiate a better Brexit deal than Boris Johnson, bring it back to the UK where he would have a second referendum and then vote against his deal in order to stay in the EU.

The remaining left fully understood that.

But when you say "stay alert" in the biggest pandemic since the second world war, after 6+ weeks of lockdown, social distancing, hand washing, queuing up at supermarkets etc ..... ermmmm you got em there Boris

For an educated nation, people are surprisingly confused ...
It's pathetic it really is, nothing more than government bashing...
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-05-2020, 06:07 PM

Originally Posted by Barry ->
It's pathetic it really is, nothing more than government bashing...

Exactly Barry.

Just wait until Kier Starmer gives his version

Page 6 of 8 « First < 4 5 6 7 8 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top