Join for free
Cinderella
Chatterbox
East Anglia, UK
Cinderella is female  Cinderella has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-05-2020, 07:10 PM

Rewilding Britain

Wild white storks have been born in the UK for what's thought to be the first time in 600 years on an estate in West Sussex.

A project officer for the White Stork Project, which has been working to bring the birds back to the UK, said that this is the first time storks have successfully nested in the UK for centuries.

https://www.rewildingbritain.org.uk/rewilding/

Rewilding is the large-scale restoration of ecosystems where nature can take care of itself. It seeks to reinstate natural processes and, where appropriate, missing species – allowing them to shape the landscape and the habitats within.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-05-2020, 11:11 PM

Re: Rewilding Britain

I remember starting a thread about rewilding early last year, Cinders.
Perhaps there is more of this going on than we realise.

Who knows, maybe one day even Dinosaurs will be back!

https://www.over50sforum.com/showthread.php?t=59489
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-05-2020, 12:32 AM

I am all for it except for wolves and bears .
I don’t want to be afraid to go out for a walk .
Buzzzer
USA
Buzzzer is male  Buzzzer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-05-2020, 05:15 AM

Coyotes have been introduced here several years ago and now they are a nuisance to livestock farmers.
Cinderella
Chatterbox
East Anglia, UK
Cinderella is female  Cinderella has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-05-2020, 10:02 AM

A good plan, except for the fact that humans were mostly responsible for the demise of a variety of species in the first place, and probably will be again.
Percy Vere
Wilds and woolly wastes of Staffordshire, UK
Percy Vere is male  Percy Vere has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-05-2020, 03:47 PM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
I am all for it except for wolves and bears.
I don’t want to be afraid to go out for a walk .
Haven't you heard? The Wolves play at Molyneux in Wolverhampton and the Bears play at Edgbaston in Birmingham

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top