Join for free
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
d00d
Chatterbox
London, UK
d00d is male  d00d has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-05-2020, 07:10 PM

Re: Whilst At The Checkout, Do you Scrutinise The Shopping Of The Person In Front Of You?

We take the car to a big Tesco about once every 3-4 weeks, buy the odd bit of fruit & veg, biscuits, bog roll, quaker oats and I can't remember what but not much and all oh so boring. Onlookers, I'm sure you'd agree.

Most of the stuff we buy, the interesting stuff, is from various other outlets.

I look in peeps trolleys, see somethings like a miniscule amount of parma ham sealed in its own weight of plastic and feel like telling them where they can get the real thing for half that price. But, I know, these people have a job to go to, have a social life, and whatever they buy at whatever the costs is not in the forefront of their minds.
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-05-2020, 07:14 PM

Re: Whilst At The Checkout, Do you Scrutinise The Shopping Of The Person In Front Of You?

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
I count the items in the baskets in the 10 items or less aisle, just to make sure no one is trying it on.

Really? Gawd that's petty if you do! It's as bad as some old bats I've seen weighing pre packed bags of fruit or veg to find the one with the greatest weight!
Westender
Sussex, UK
Westender is male  Westender has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-05-2020, 07:59 PM

There seems to be a reluctance to mention any jigging around to the in store music....I hope this isn't a square forum?
Pesta
Chatterbox
North of the South UK
Pesta is female  Pesta has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-05-2020, 08:31 PM

No, not at the checkout. I've seen enough before that

Going round the aisle sometimes I'm fair dumbstruck seeing trolleys piled high with ready made meals.
It's gross how many are kid's meals too

Then there are those of a certain weight who pile their trolleys with 'ready made', plus mounds of sweet stuff.

I find it sad seeing old gentlemen piling their trolleys with ready made meals.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-05-2020, 09:24 PM

Originally Posted by Barry ->
Not at the checkout as we usually do a "self scan", but we have been known to remark of certain "robust" persons with their trollies full of coke and crisps, whether that is really the extent of their diet...
Same here Barry, using a self scan is like being royalty now they have to queue until a checkout is free, while the self scanners are given preferential treatment and just go directly to the machines....

I always have a neb in other peoples trolleys though, and you can tell a lot about a person from it's contents.
I have had occasion to jive with the trolley when 'Rollover Beethoven' comes on over the tannoy......
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-05-2020, 09:40 PM

I don't look in people's trolleys unless I'm in a garden centre and develop plant envy. I buy mine from the reduced section

I don't jiggle to the music but often sing if I know the tune, it gets me to the front of queues quiet often!
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-05-2020, 10:28 PM

Originally Posted by The Artful Todger ->
Really? Gawd that's petty if you do! It's as bad as some old bats I've seen weighing pre packed bags of fruit or veg to find the one with the greatest weight!

That is why, in the war effort, the expectation never extended past Petty Officer.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-05-2020, 10:58 PM

It is so long since I went into a shop I have forgotten what a shopping trolly looks like .

When there was a Safeway I used to play a little game of 'guess what is in the trolly' based on the appearance of the shopper , not so easy when my nearest Supermarket is Waitrose because most of the shoppers there look the same with similar trolly content.

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top