Join for free
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »
Azure
Chatterbox
South Glos
Azure is female  Azure has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-01-2019, 07:47 AM

Are Happy Memories Worth It?

My neighbour , A Solicitors Clerk, approaching 60 years, had a holiday romance in Cyprus with a local boy age 21!, and against all advice went to live there and insisted he loved her very much and they would be married.

She spent £20,000.00 on him, within three months and shortly afterwards he left. At the same time he was engaged to a local girl he and family had known for years.
She is now back living with her Mother and looking for a small cottage in the Village.

What possesses a sensible mature woman to lose her head and actually believe that a young boy would seriously want to marry a woman nearly old enough to be his Grandmother ?
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-01-2019, 07:53 AM

Re: Are Happy Memories Worth It?

She had watched Shirley Valentine ?
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-01-2019, 08:06 AM

Poor deluded woman. At least she had the experience.

I hope she's come to her senses now.
Azure
Chatterbox
South Glos
Azure is female  Azure has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-01-2019, 08:09 AM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
She had watched Shirley Valentine ?
Probably!! Wishful thinking.
Azure
Chatterbox
South Glos

12-01-2019, 08:14 AM

Originally Posted by carol ->
Poor deluded woman. At least she had the experience.

I hope she's come to her senses now.
As I told her, carol, there are many very nice eligible mature men in UK but she though they were fuddy duddy!! and set in there ways

The ones I know even at 70 years are very active and run or cycle daily, and some have stared their own bands as well.

70 is now the new 50.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-01-2019, 08:19 AM

Hmmm that not good Azure if they are fit and all that they will be looking for 25 year olds of East European origin ..
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-01-2019, 08:23 AM

There is a song "you did too much, much too young", which is quite true, but, this scenario occurs when, you didn't do enough.
susan m
DORSET UK
susan m is female  susan m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-01-2019, 10:31 AM

Poor woman but maybe she felt desperate for excitement and stupidness and moments of madness , lets hope she doesnt drop into a massive black hole now . In fact i want to say poor wee soul . No one knows a persons life and wants and needs , we all put on a brave face dont we .

Ive had my moments of madness , not like this lady but madness thats for sure
basser
Chatterbox
ENGLAND
basser is male  basser has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-01-2019, 10:35 AM

How many times have we read in the media this same scenario over the years, when will women learn that young men aren't interested in a much older woman they're only interest is their money it's that simple.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-01-2019, 10:35 AM

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
There is a song "you did too much, much too young", which is quite true, but, this scenario occurs when, you didn't do enough.
Well put Spitty.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top