Join for free
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 > Last »
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-11-2019, 09:14 AM

The Longest Break.

You have taken away from OFF?

Do you find the site addictive?

For me it is a very addictive site....I managed to take around 2 months off once,..but only because....I wasn't getting any home work done......

So!....are you addicted?...or are you able to manage your time...that you spend on here?
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-11-2019, 10:38 AM

Re: The Longest Break.

Yes I remember you taking a break Pauline - I missed you.

Personally I've never felt the need to take a break.
I manage to pop in everyday - even if only to post on the 'Good Morning' thread.

I have too much happening in real life to become addicted to an internet forum and I don't become deeply involved in any of the discussions - especially the ones that get tempers up!!!

I do like this forum. It's one of the best senior forums on the net.
MargaretF
Northamptonshire, UK
MargaretF is female  MargaretF has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-11-2019, 10:46 AM

I haven't taken a break so far Pauline. Like Carol I pop in and out most days but only post if I think I might have something useful to add. I enjoy reading the posts but avoid the contentious ones.

I have a busy life so don't really spend much time on the internet generally.
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-11-2019, 11:09 AM

Carol,Margaret...I agree...I am now doing the same!...thank you.....but then you two are very level headed!...mature and wise...
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-11-2019, 11:45 AM

I've been gone for weeks at a time, sometimes through choice, sometimes in order to keep my mouth shut. I have a busy life on the farm, so there's plenty to keep me occupied if I'm not online for a while.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-11-2019, 11:51 AM

I've been a member of this forum for almost five years and I visit the site at least once a day, mostly twice. I can't remember ever taking a break Pauline, except when I've been away on holiday and there was no internet service. Even then though it would have only been 24 hours at most.

I consider everyone on here to be a friend and love to keep up with their news and opinions, even if I don't always agree with them, but that makes it more interesting.
My world gets a little bit lonely at times, despite Mrs Fox's company, and popping into the forum to see what's happening has turned out to be a good hobby, and, like a hobby, I can turn it off when I've had enough, unlike people turning up when I want to be on my own and get on with a job. I suppose I'm a bit of a loner.....

I've never taken a morning paper, and avoid watching or reading the news, so most of the current news I get is via the forum, and if it's interesting enough I'll follow links or visit a news channel, probably the BBC (It's my homepage) but I hate their biased reporting and don't know why I get my news from them....

The forum probably accounts for 80% of my internet time, I very rarely buy anything off the internet, just pay the odd bill and do my banking on here occasionally. If it wasn't for the forum you could probably count the hours I spend online per week on one hand.

Sometimes when there are no interesting topics I might just have a browse round without posting, but worry not, I'm always here....
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-11-2019, 12:14 PM

I'll be disappearing in a few days for an indeterminate length of time ranging from a couple of weeks to for ever (hope not!)
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK

02-11-2019, 12:30 PM

Thank you,Rox,OGF...

TAT...hope it's only for a few weeks...I would miss you.if you weren't here..even with our disagreements...
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK

02-11-2019, 12:32 PM

I would be lonely,if I never had this site to visit...were like a family on here..I found my place.

At last!!..xx
Rhian
Chatterbox
North Wales
Rhian is female  Rhian has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-11-2019, 12:35 PM

Pauline,
Like others have said, I have taken breaks but not through choice, it was because real life takes over sometimes.
The longest was about 2 weeks
The shortest, about an hour!!!

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top