Join for free
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 > Last »
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-02-2020, 11:12 AM

The Decline of the EU (In Their Own Words)

If you're a remainer, still in denial of the demise of the EU or someone who lives in the 27, happily spoon fed propaganda on how great the wonderful "Project" is, then you don't want to read this

However, if your like me and despise the marxist ideology of the European Union and how unelected EU Cult leaders are failing miserably to deliver it, then grab a fresh cup of Yorkshire Tea, break open a packet of Hob Nobs and read on...

This link describes summary of findings by the EU Commissions in-house think tank, presented here in an excellent article by Guillaume Duracher via Zero Hedge.... you won't see this on the BBC

Please note : these figures and findings are derived from reliable sources such as NATO, Eurostat and The World Bank. There are links within the article where you can see the sources of these finding.

Note : There is (surprisingly) not much (if any) comparisons of other international currencies to the Euro, to illustrate it's continuing decline, the junk German bonds that are destroying savers incomes and pensions through almost zero rated interest rates, and the eye watering levels of QE that remain in place after 10 years of trying to recover from the financial crash. I guess there is enough here without twisting the knife even further.

Note 2 : There have been many debates on here regarding immigration and the UK having its own immigration policy to attract "high quality / desirable / needed immigrants". There is an excellent section in here that illustrates the effect that uncontrolled immigration has had on the EU when compared to countries such as the USA, New Zealand, Australia who do.

Happy reading ... and what a start to the week

https://www.zerohedge.com/economics/...ze-eus-decline
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-02-2020, 02:12 PM

Re: The Decline of the EU (In Their Own Words)

Originally Posted by Bread ->
This link describes summary of findings by the EU Commissions in-house think tank, presented here in an excellent article by Guillaume Duracher via Zero Hedge.... you won't see this on the BBC

Please note : these figures and findings are derived from reliable sources such as NATO, Eurostat and The World Bank. There are links within the article where you can see the sources of these finding.
The author of the article concludes: Say what you want about the Eurocrats, they are acutely aware of many of our continent’s problems,*

So I loaded the original report, and guess what? Brexit is not among the many problems of our continent.

In the whole of the report brexit is mentioned 3 times, e.g. in relation with foreign interference with elections. Apparently brexit still is only a problem for the UK to solve. You are welcome to it.
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-02-2020, 02:19 PM

Originally Posted by Solasch ->
The author of the article concludes: Say what you want about the Eurocrats, they are acutely aware of many of our continent’s problems,*

So I loaded the original report, and guess what? Brexit is not among the many problems of our continent.

In the whole of the report brexit is mentioned 3 times, e.g. in relation with foreign interference with elections. Apparently brexit still is only a problem for the UK to solve. You are welcome to it.
Brexit isn't a problem because its already happened. The future is a different story.

If you look at the list of EU member states, the UK is no longer listed on Eurostat and just about every other EU document, article and study.

I'm glad you liked the article
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-02-2020, 02:32 PM

Brexit isn't a problem because its already happened. The future is a different story.

I'm glad you liked the article
If you remember, it's you and figures like jbr who keep telling the EU is in trouble because the UK left. The report doesn't see any problems arising from brexit.

I liked the report. The article is just one author's interpretation.
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom

24-02-2020, 02:50 PM

If you remember, it's you and figures like jbr who keep telling the EU is in trouble because the UK left. The report doesn't see any problems arising from brexit.

I liked the report. The article is just one author's interpretation.
Your budget suggests differently. The EU is in chaos because your 70 billion short on your budget. Nobody wants to pay extra and those that can are in fear of having the money taken from them by an unelected bureaucracy through the Green Deal back-door cash grab policy introduced by Van Der Leyen earlier this year. Those that do not have the money are in fear of austerity measures that will make up the shortfall ... you don't see this as the EU being in trouble when every member state is in decline and their second biggest net contributor just walked out the door, with its financial markets, universities, fishing waters, army, navy and air force ?

The UK government has a majority of 80 and a clear position on what it wants. The 27 want different things and I can't think of one of them that has a majority government. You stand no chance of getting anything agreed so guess what ? The EU will make the decisions for you just like they did with Singapore and the trade deal there.

Meanwhile, Japan, Canada, Singapore etc are all reconsidering their trade deals with the EU because one of the major bargaining chips that the EU provided as a bloc (UK financial services) is no longer part of those deals. They will want something else in return to make the deal worth while, or the deals will be off.

There is still no negotiating position for the future trade deal from the EU. Its due in about 2 days for review by the member states. So far, no sign of it ... because they all want different things and they do not want to lose out any more than they have already. The big question is, who gets thrown under the bus ... France, Poland, Netherlands, Denmark ? Can you imagine the disaster and the embarrassment if the EU can't agree a negotiating position and miss their own deadline ?

It certainly won't be Germany, they own you and if they start calling in their debts to pay for this 70 billion Euro black hole then Spain, Ireland, Portugal, Italy etc will be in a whole load of trouble.

Apart from that, everything is fine isn't it

P.S. This article is not the authors interpretation it is a summary of the findings of the EU Commissions own appointed think-tank.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-02-2020, 02:52 PM

Hi

We have not left the EU, we are trading on the same terms until the end of this year.

Time will tell about how successful we will be.

I am quite prepared to take a big hit.

This includes a reduction in my Pension.

I was simply not prepared to accept further Integration.

I am not here to continue to subsidise French Farmers or the German Military.

They can swan off.
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom

24-02-2020, 03:03 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

We have not left the EU, we are trading on the same terms until the end of this year.

Time will tell about how successful we will be.

I am quite prepared to take a big hit.

This includes a reduction in my Pension.

I was simply not prepared to accept further Integration.

I am not here to continue to subsidise French Farmers or the German Military.

They can swan off.

We left the EU on the 31st January, we are no longer a member state - see for yourself by looking at the Euro parliament papers etc. We are bound by the withdrawal bill, although I can see it getting torn up by the UK anyway.
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands

24-02-2020, 04:01 PM

We left the EU on the 31st January, we are no longer a member state - see for yourself by looking at the Euro parliament papers etc. We are bound by the withdrawal bill, although I can see it getting torn up by the UK anyway.
No, that would be an overt action. Boris prefers more sneaky ways.
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands

24-02-2020, 04:07 PM

There is still no negotiating position for the future trade deal from the EU. Its due in about 2 days for review by the member states. So far, no sign of it ... because they all want different things and they do not want to lose out any more than they have already. The big question is, who gets thrown under the bus ... France, Poland, Netherlands, Denmark ? Can you imagine the disaster and the embarrassment if the EU can't agree a negotiating position and miss their own deadline ?
Everybody was able to see the draft, know what different members have added.
But, as you bring it up, the UK would present their position simultaneously. Seen anything of it yet?

As for your comments, no mention of any in the report you're so glad about.
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom

24-02-2020, 04:14 PM

Everybody was able to see the draft, know what different members have added.
But, as you bring it up, the UK would present their position simultaneously. Seen anything of it yet?

As for your comments, no mention of any in the report you're so glad about.
UK negotiating position is being announced on Tuesday ready for Parliament on Thursdays - where is Barniers no sign of it in the EU parliament yet for debate with the 27. Ofcourse, we don't need to consult 27 countries, like the EU do.

This has nothing to do with the report in my first post by the way.

You should read it then your comments might make sense

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top