Join for free
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 > Last »
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-04-2020, 03:28 PM

The "Missing" EU COVID-19 Figures

I couldn't help wondering this morning when I was eating my toast and marmite, that in the reporting of the COVID-19 death statistics that something was missing.

When things are going well, the European Union can't stop themselves from ramming it down our throats about their amazing GDP figures, population figures, employment figures etc etc, consolidating the numbers from the 27 member states, flowering them up (lying usually) and claiming it as a success of the political project, the "federation of member states" and the solidarity of political union, all made possible because they are controlled by a bunch of people in Brussels, bound by treaties and ruled by [1]"The Court of Justice of the European Union" (see footnote below)

So, when it comes to the Coronavirus global pandemic, the European Union does what any useless band of cretins would do and basically put their hands over their eyes, their fingers in their ears and deny the problem is happening.

Not surprisingly, I found the consolidated, EU figures that show the number of deaths as a result of COVID-19 and thought I would share them with you. So many times we have seen reporting from Spain, Italy, France, Sweden, Germany but never by the EU as a whole, like they do with GDP, employment and other figures I mentioned above. Yet, for some odd reason, the EU figures are missing from all of the daily updates on TV.... probably because its the BBC and Sky news that are involved and as we all know, they are useless, biased and do not represent the majority of the people who a) voted leave and b) voted conservative.

Now, bear in mind the EU has a similar population to the USA, you would think that in total, the figures would be roughly the same as the 50 states of the USA right ?

Nope ....

Where the USA has around 55k deaths, the EU has a whopping 118K - more than twice the USA and the highest in the world.

Funny that....

Now bear in mind that the EU so far, have wasted peoples time by creating a PPE and Ventilator scheme where none have been sourced or distributed by them so far, they kept borders open when they should have been closed, refused to provide financial assistance to Italy and Spain, still can't agree on any bailout money via the ECB or agree their 2020/2027 budget in the first place.

Ursual Von Der Leyen has been in charge less than 6 months and already has blood on her hands for this fiasco, that goes without saying.

So, you can find the figures and have a play around with them here -> click

[1] The name "European Court of Justice" is being rebranded because even the EU admit it is misleading because it doesn't govern Europe, only the 27 countries that are in it (there are many countries not in the EU).
Percy Vere
Wilds and woolly wastes of Staffordshire, UK
Percy Vere is male  Percy Vere has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-04-2020, 03:45 PM

Re: The "Missing" EU COVID-19 Figures

Great find that Bread I can't believe the Chinese figures though.
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-04-2020, 03:47 PM

Originally Posted by Percy Vere ->
Great find that Bread I can't believe the Chinese figures though.
The UK government won't report the dodgy Chinese figures at all now - watch on the news, you won't see China. It's us sticking one on the lying CCP
Puddle Duck
Cheshire. UK
Puddle Duck is female  Puddle Duck has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-04-2020, 03:52 PM

Odd you raise this as I mentioned to someone else only a couple of days ago. The United States of America v United States of Europe ... the comparable population and numbers relating to deaths from COVID 19, EU are clearly well in excess of US data.

There was also the case of Germany stock piling PPE when Italy and Spain so desperately needed it. Only when EU Commission became involved , due to many EU countries raising a protest against the act, and instructed Germany to start playing ball, did they release supplies to Italy. Not even sure if Spain got any at that point... but they may have done so.

Also today Reuters have reported that COVID 19 has been found in two mink farms in the Netherlands. That will also be silenced, probably...
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-04-2020, 03:57 PM

Wow! And still the UK has the highest death count in western europe. In terms of doing bad, you're doing worse then any EU member.
And remember, you have the best leader of all countries!

Don't forget the usa is a few weeks behind europe in their sickness. I'm afraid their numbers are still massively increasing.
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-04-2020, 04:03 PM

Originally Posted by Puddle Duck ->
Also today Reuters have reported that COVID 19 has been found in two mink farms in the Netherlands. That will also be silenced, probably...
I hope not, it proves covid can jump between species, so perhaps we should start removing dogs and cats from households?

The virus was also found on smogparticles. Better not go to busy cities. Even with a mask.
https://www.businessinsider.nl/coron...onal=true&r=US
Strikingly, the authors wrote, the coronavirus was still present on the outward-facing side of a surgical mask on day seven of the investigation. That’s the longest duration of all the materials they tested.
Puddle Duck
Cheshire. UK
Puddle Duck is female  Puddle Duck has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-04-2020, 04:12 PM

Originally Posted by Solasch ->
Wow! And still the UK has the highest death count in western europe. In terms of doing bad, you're doing worse then any EU member.
And remember, you have the best leader of all countries!

Don't forget the usa is a few weeks behind europe in their sickness. I'm afraid their numbers are still massively increasing.

That's interesting, as you must therefore have different data to us !
Percy Vere
Wilds and woolly wastes of Staffordshire, UK
Percy Vere is male  Percy Vere has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-04-2020, 04:13 PM

Between you and me, I think he's been studying at the Diane Abbott school of mathematics. Well, it's either that or he needs to visit the Dutch equivalent of Spec Savers.
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom

27-04-2020, 04:18 PM

Odd you raise this as I mentioned to someone else only a couple of days ago. The United States of America v United States of Europe ... the comparable population and numbers relating to deaths from COVID 19, EU are clearly well in excess of US data.

There was also the case of Germany stock piling PPE when Italy and Spain so desperately needed it. Only when EU Commission became involved , due to many EU countries raising a protest against the act, and instructed Germany to start playing ball, did they release supplies to Italy. Not even sure if Spain got any at that point... but they may have done so.

I'm looking at the summer tourism figures for Greece, Spain, Portugal and Italy at the moment. If lockdown continues into, say mid-May, and restrictions through the summer I think it will destroy the revenues from tourism completely for these countries in particular and we would be looking at catastrophic drops in GDP. As well as that, as employment levels fall in these industries (and others) we will start to see defaults on credit agreements which could cause another 2008 financial crash on top of the COVID-19 crisis. If that happens, its well and truly over - in fact, if there is even a whiff of this it could cause a run on the European banks.

On the other side, if these countries come out of lock-down and try to get back to normal too early to save their tourist industries, jobs, economies etc then they could have a second wave thats even more devastating than this.

I bet there are a number of Eurozone countries scratching their heads at the moment wondering if continued membership is still such a "good idea"
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom

27-04-2020, 04:21 PM

The data in my link includes the data from the European Centre for Disease Prevention and Control (ECDC).

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top