Join for free
Page 2 of 15 < 1 2 3 4 12 > Last »
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-05-2020, 02:58 PM

Re: EU Caving in on Fisheries

Originally Posted by Solasch ->
Hiding at the request of the british. So the first question on the continent (and perhaps on your isles) will be: why had this to be hidden from us? What were those scheming brits aiming at?

Second will be the answer to, why now? Why make it public now? What are those conniving brits aiming at now?

Do you have an idea? Thought not.
Its a draft treaty the UK have drawn up that details the legal texts around the free trade agreement we are offering. We didn't request any hiding of our treaty, in fact now its ready, we are distributing it to over 400 million people in the EU so they can see for themselves what Barnier has turned down on their behalf.

It is being made public now to try and get past the deadlock between the EU and the UK because Barnier refuses to talk about trade and instead thinks that the UK should be the only country in the world to have a trade arrangement with the EU that gives away its territorial waters and ties itself to someone else's court and rules instead of their own.

There's going to be a lot of very, very angry EU businesses soon.

Better start selling your fishing boats
Percy Vere
Wilds and woolly wastes of Staffordshire, UK
Percy Vere is male  Percy Vere has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-05-2020, 02:59 PM

I've just read that article in today's DE, Bread, and I agree with you in the main. However, I think, reading between the lines, that Barmpot wants to move forward but he's being hamstrung by the Commission not changing their collective mind. Perhaps with Italy again talking about leaving the EU, THAT will sharpen their minds about changing their stance on the Brexit negotiations.
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-05-2020, 03:07 PM

Originally Posted by Percy Vere ->
I've just read that article in today's DE, Bread, and I agree with you in the main. However, I think, reading between the lines, that Barmpot wants to move forward but he's being hamstrung by the Commission not changing their collective mind. Perhaps with Italy again talking about leaving the EU, THAT will sharpen their minds about changing their stance on the Brexit negotiations.
Of the 27 countries in the EU, only about 4 have fishing as their priority. Others, such as Poland have working and migration, Germany its car sales and manufacturing, Austria and Greece its tourism etc etc. There is no way Germany (for example) will put its 800,000 car sales to the UK at risk for the sake of French fishermen.

The EU is already subsidising Spains fishing fleet (with UK contributions), so in some cases, throwing them out of our territorial waters would be doing Brussels a favour - welfare payments would be a fraction for the cost for out of work Spanish fishermen

They will just tell Merkel to sell more cars ...
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-05-2020, 03:10 PM

Originally Posted by Bread ->
Its a draft treaty the UK have drawn up that details the legal texts around the free trade agreement we are offering. We didn't request any hiding of our treaty, in fact now its ready, we are distributing it to over 400 million people in the EU so they can see for themselves what Barnier has turned down on their behalf.

It is being made public now to try and get past the deadlock between the EU and the UK because Barnier refuses to talk about trade and instead thinks that the UK should be the only country in the world to have a trade arrangement with the EU that gives away its territorial waters and ties itself to someone else's court and rules instead of their own.

There's going to be a lot of very, very angry EU businesses soon.

Better start selling your fishing boats

Twisting facts again, aren't you? 18 march the EU published the draft of a trade agreement. The UK had consented to do the same.
However, they didn't. Two weeks later they shared their version withbarnier, but under embargo.

So all the questions remain. Why an embargo, and why now lift it?
I see no answers coming from you.
Percy Vere
Wilds and woolly wastes of Staffordshire, UK
Percy Vere is male  Percy Vere has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-05-2020, 03:10 PM

Of the 27 countries in the EU, only about 4 have fishing as their priority. Others, such as Poland have working and migration, Germany its car sales and manufacturing, Austria and Greece its tourism etc etc. There is no way Germany (for example) will put its 800,000 car sales to the UK at risk for the sake of French fishermen.

The EU is already subsidising Spains fishing fleet (with UK contributions), so in some cases, throwing them out of our territorial waters would be doing Brussels a favour - welfare payments would be a fraction for the cost for out of work Spanish fishermen

Yep, I'm fully aware of and agree with all that Bread. No need to mansplain it to me mate.
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-05-2020, 03:14 PM

You think that in the economic climate after the corona crisis the UK will buy 800.000 cars as part of a EU/UK trade deal? Or will they buy the cars produced in sunderland?
Just goes to show you have nothing to offer.
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands

18-05-2020, 03:17 PM

Originally Posted by Percy Vere ->
Yep, I'm fully aware of and agree with all that Bread. No need to mansplain it to me mate.
Of course you understand this:

With British negotiators determined to energise the talks, the forthcoming legal text will highlight a series of areas where there are mutual interests, including the maintenance of the British car industry and its supply chains.

For vehicles exported to the EU from the UK to receive preferential tariff rates it would have to be shown that at least 50% of their components were British-manufactured.

The UK government wants to include EU-derived components in that 50% through so called “third-country cumulation”, a proposal that Barnier had not embraced in full, Whitehall sources said.
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom

18-05-2020, 03:18 PM

Twisting facts again, aren't you? 18 march the EU published the draft of a trade agreement. The UK had consented to do the same.
However, they didn't. Two weeks later they shared their version withbarnier, but under embargo.

So all the questions remain. Why an embargo, and why now lift it?
I see no answers coming from you.
These are the draft legal texts.

Like I said in my earlier post, its to try and break the deadlock ... see post #11

(and your arguing with yourself again)
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom

18-05-2020, 03:19 PM

You think that in the economic climate after the corona crisis the UK will buy 800.000 cars as part of a EU/UK trade deal? Or will they buy the cars produced in sunderland?
Just goes to show you have nothing to offer.
It definitely won't if there are 10% tarrifs on them. We will buy Toyotas or Nissans or Fords instead.
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands

18-05-2020, 03:21 PM

These are the draft legal texts.

Like I said in my earlier post, its to try and break the deadlock ... see post #11

(and your arguing with yourself again)
Apparently the UK dearly wants to break that deadlock. Why isn't the EU?

Page 2 of 15 < 1 2 3 4 12 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top