Join for free
Page 5 of 12 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 > Last »
Tedc
Berkshire, UK
Tedc is male  Tedc has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-07-2021, 10:10 AM

Re: Will You Ditch Your Mask When Covid Restrictions Are Lifted?

Very interesting experiment here:-

https://www.fastcompany.com/90522541...ng?partner=rss

Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-07-2021, 10:35 AM

Originally Posted by Tachyon ->
My mask collection will be instantly binned.
Originally Posted by pauline3 ->
Mine too....
I'm going to keep my nicest ones as they will remind me how it was & could be again.

Originally Posted by pauline3 ->
I find it restricts my breathing at times as well...I have to find a corner in the shop..lift it up and take in some air...horrible feeling.

I do that as well. I hate wearing them. Never did find a really comfortable mask & I spent pounds on the darn things.
Tachyon
Internet Citizen :)
Tachyon is male  Tachyon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-07-2021, 11:35 AM

Originally Posted by Bratti ->
Do you know you can purchase face masks with a metal strip that fits over the nose? This little piece stops the glasses from steaming up since it creates a seal between your nose bridge and your glasses.
They're a very common type of mask but the seal doesn't really seal anything, or at least not for me.
Tachyon
Internet Citizen :)
Tachyon is male  Tachyon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-07-2021, 11:38 AM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
I will be retaining my mask and keeping a social distance for the foreseeable future, others can do as they please and decide on their own level of risk...

Will you be able to keep social distancing though, if no-one is obliged to do so?
Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK
Pixie Knuckles is female  Pixie Knuckles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-07-2021, 11:39 AM

Will you be able to keep social distancing though, if no-one is obliged to do so?
I think its possible to avoid people who get too close, yes...is this what you mean, Tachyon?
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-07-2021, 11:43 AM

Tachyon yes most of the time because I go out very little these days and when I do it is not to crowded places. I find since lockdown I have become less inclined to mix with people anyway . I step away if people come hear me.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-07-2021, 11:45 AM

These days, I stop breathing when l walk past people in the street.
It just seems the natural thing to do... even though it’s probably a waste of time!
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-07-2021, 11:46 AM

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
Did you only wear one because someone told you to?
What a great point Spitty, I wear one to look after my health and avoid catching covid, it makes no difference to me whether you are ordered to or not, I will still wear mine in indoor situations. I also believe, despite the naysayers, that a mask will certainly help to prevent catching covid whatever the masks constituency.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-07-2021, 11:49 AM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
I will be retaining my mask and keeping a social distance for the foreseeable future, others can do as they please and decide on their own level of risk .

Every 10 days I have an episode where my heart makes me short of breath for about 12 hours and I have to use breathing techniques to complete the smallest of tasks including walking.
The thought of spending weeks in hospital with covid unable to breath without oxygen is my worse nightmare unable to move staring at the ceiling .

The vaccine decreases the chance of severe covid in most vaccinated people, it does not eliminate the chance of being ill with covid for everyone particularly those with comorbidities.
I consider wearing a mask a small price to pay for providing what is logically a degree of protection.
Excellent post Meg...
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-07-2021, 11:51 AM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
What a great point Spitty, I wear one to look after my health and avoid catching covid, it makes no difference to me whether you are ordered to or not, I will still wear mine in indoor situations. I also believe, despite the naysayers, that a mask will certainly help to prevent catching covid whatever the masks constituency.
I agree Bob , regardless of what some 'experts' say it is logical that a mask will catch droplets and mist emitting from both the mask wearer and people in the immediate area particularly if they are not wearing a mask .

I wear a mask with disposable filters on the odd occasion when I mix with people.

Page 5 of 12 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top